Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jc1,

I would agree with sunadict, aircraft can change so don't book solely on the basis of aircraft type. Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? The aircraft type is only the means of getting to the destination. It's not that long of a flight and surely the most important part is the holiday in between the flights? Bear in mind the A330-200's are just larger versions of their short haul aircraft, seat pitch and onboard facilities are the same really. They aren't in a long haul configuration like some of the other carriers, they just have an extra column of 3 seats.

Where are you planning on travelling from? BHX? I'll need more information in order to check or as sunadict suggest, carry out dummy bookings and you can see for yourself. I don't mind checking specific flights people are booked on, but I don't have time to check whole schedules.

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Sunaddict and Darren!

I wouldn't say I'm choosing the destination solely on the aircraft, we have chosen a hotel in Tenerife that comes recommended and it happens to be a reasonable price on Monarch/Cosmos so if I was able to jump on the A330 flight that would be something new - I fully agree, the holiday is the most important thing and I certainly wouldn't base the entire holiday on the flight. If it's not possible then that's fine - I won't lose any sleep over it....

Based on the two A330's they have, I believe one is based in Manchester so I would happily fly from there.
jc1,

That narrows is down a bit then but you're out of luck for the A332;

25/06/15: MAN-TFS-MAN (ZB568/9): Airbus A321-200
26/06/15: MAN-TFS-MAN (ZB564/5): Airbus A321-200
26/06/15: MAN-TFS-MAN (ZB568/9): Airbus A321-200
27/06/15: MAN-TFS-MAN (ZB568/9): Airbus A321-200

Darren
Does anyone know why Monarch are leaving EMA and starting at Leeds/Bradford?

I would much rather fly on Monarch than Flybe.
Anyone know if/when Monach will have all their aircraft fitted with the new, slimline and non reclining seats. I presume they will be replacing the current seating with the new ones on their existing planes or are they leaving them until they replace those aircraft ?

Came back on Jet2 yesterday on one of their oldish 737-300 planes with the slimline,nonrecling seats and legroon was very good.
What plane operates zb 424 on 23rd may from Birmingham
What plane operates the arrecife flight also on the 23rd may from birmingham
Bob82,

What happened to all the TOM flights you were looking at and asking about? I'm too busy to look up another load of flights for you, unless you are actually flying on them. Monarch mainly use Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Can anyone help with historic flight numbers from Monarch?

I am trying to make delayed flight claim but they are saying I have the incorrect flight number.

My holiday company, Kuoni, say it was MON6525 which departed Mombasa for Manchester on 23rd March 2010, 24 hours later than its expected departure. I do not have the arrival time that Monarch require either.

THANK YOU! :)
I am off to Cyprus in a few days and vape. My question is, the battery attached to the tank, should it be separated and put in hold luggage? I am taking more than one. One will be in the plastic bag to take through the airport.

Also one of my tanks has to be filled via a syringe as the hole is tiny to get the juice in. Should i pack the syringe with the tank so that they are aware what i am using it for.

Thank you.
Derwentrocker,

I would keep the battery being used attached, and put any spares individually wrapped in to your hold luggage (proving you don't need them). As long as the syringe doesn't have a needle, you're fine to put it in your hand luggage (plastic bag with your liquids). If you don't need it though, I'd put it in your hold luggage along with any liquids. I regularly travel with syringes (filled with grease for the o rings of my underwater camera housing) and never have a problem.

Darren
Hi Dazbo,

Flying to Dalaman on 14th July at 15:30 from Manchester...! Flight number ZB3148...! I think it is an Airbus A321....! Could you please tell me where the aircraft will be coming from before our flight so I can check for delays.....!

Cheers Ash..... :cheers
barjiash,

ZB3148/9 are indeed an A321-200. Remind me next Tuesday and I'll take a look what the incoming flight is as they've only just started flying the route for the summer season.

Darren
Hi Dazbo,
Any new info on the ZB3148/9 flight as regards where it comes from to check for delays....!

Cheers , Ash....
barjiash,

The inbound for ZB3148/9 should be ZB580/1 (MAN-Faro-MAN).

Darren
Does anyone know if there are restrictions on mobile powerbanks on Monarch planes?
We're flying from Leeds Bradford tomorrow and I have a 25000mAh one and a 10500mAh that I would like to take.
I've searched the monarch site but can't find anything (although I can ring first thing in the morning), but wondered if anyone knew.
Thanks
fatgit,

Do you mean is it ok to take them onboard in hand luggage? It's more of an airport security restriction than airline. You're better off packing anything that you don't need onboard the aircraft rather than taking it in hand luggage, but you should be fine taking them onboard if needed.

Darren
Hello

we are flying to Dalaman on 11th September. flight no's ZB826-827

Do you know what aircraft this will be please.

Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.