Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
lovegeorgec wrote:
I'm flying out on the 3rd October from Gatwick to Sharm on flight number MON1904. Can anyone tell me what plane this will be and whether it's worth paying for extra leg room since I'm only 5'4.

Also does anyone know if they sell urban decay or Benefit makeup on the plane and if so what items they will be.

Your flight will be operated on an A300-600. Extra legroom seating is entirely optional but I can tell you that many people who are taller than you have a perfectly acceptable flight without purchasing extra legroom seats. However, on a 5 hour flight it may well be worth considering for that extra bit of comfort. Extra legroom seats are located at row 1, row 9 and row 30. Rows 9 and 30 are emergency exit seats and offer considerably more legroom than row 1.

Both Benefit and Urban Decay products are offered onboard. Off the top of my head I know that eye shadow and nail varnish are amongst the products offered, however if there is something in particular you wanted information on then I may have to get back to you.
Hi,

Thanks for that. I went with TC last year and didn't bother buying extra leg room seats but wasn't sure if Monach were the same.

If you could find out which products they do sell that would be great please. Is there any way of getting the magazine on line or anything?
Ok, I will get hold of an in-flight magazine and post details to you soon. I'm afraid the magazine is not available online.
partyboy_uk

Is it definately the first 7 rows on Monarch A321 that are extra legroom?
I'm flying on a Monarch A321 later this month and have booked extra legroom one way and row 7 the other. It would be a bonus if row 7 is extra legroom as Monarch's website just shows the first six rows as extra legroom.

bertie3
Hi, we are flying out from Luton on 17th Aug to Larnaca on ZB852. Just wondered where the plane would have come from prior to taking us?

2 weeks and counting :cheers

Thanks
madmax,

The aircraft operating LTN-LCA-LTN (ZB852/3) comes in from Dalaman, Turkey (ZB826/7) in the early hours then night stops so plenty of time if you're worried about delays.

Darren
bertie3 wrote:
Is it definately the first 7 rows on Monarch A321 that are extra legroom?

:whoops sorry, yes, it is only the first six rows that are legroom
Darren

Many thanks for your reply. Yes I was thinking of checking for delays!!!

Max
Right, here are the long-awaited IFE listings for Aug-Oct 2010:

SHORT HAUL - TV ONLY
Canary Islands, Turkey, Greece & Greek Islands, Egypt, Cyprus (On short haul routes, IFE is shown only on these listed destinations)

Outbound

Gavin and Stacey - The Wedding
Celebrity Masterchef - The Grand Final
Modern Family - Coal Digger
Hustle
Outnumbered

Inbound

Glee - Showmance
360 Sessions - The Hours
Top Gear
Twilight: Obsession

LONG HAUL - MOVIES

Outbound

Date Night - Edited
Cast: Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg
Director: Shawn Levy
Rating: PG-13
Runtime: 83
Genre: Rom-Com

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Edited
Cast: Zachary Gordon, Chloe Moretz, Robert Capron
Director: Thor Freudenthal
Rating: PG
Runtime: 92
Genre
: Family Comedy

Inbound

The Bounty Hunter - Edited
Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Gerard Butler, Christine Baranski
Director: Andy Tennant
Runtime: 107
Genre: Action/Comedy

Alice in Wonderland
Cast: Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska, Helena Bonham Carter
Director: Tim Burton
Runtime: 109
Genre: Family Fantasy

A330 Premium Films

Outbound

Cop Out - Edited
Cast: Bruce Willis, Adam Brody, Sean William Scott
Director: Kevin Smith
Rating: R
Runtime: 107
Genre: Action/Comedy

Street Dance
Cast: Diversity, Flawless, George Sampson
Director: Max Giwa, Dania Pasquini
Runtime: 100
Genre: Drama

The Joneses - Edited
Cast: Demi Moore, David Duchovny, Amber Heard
Director: Derrick Borte
Runtime: 94
Genre: Comedy/Drama

Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang
Cast: Emma Thompson, Ralph Fiennes, Maggie Gyllenhaal
Director: Susanna White
Runtime: 105
Genre: Family Comedy

Inbound

Kick-Ass - Edited
Cast: Nicolas Cage, Aaron Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz
Director: Matthew Vaughn
Runtime: 117
Genre: Action/Adventure

Valentine's Day- Edited
Cast: Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Jessica Biel, Jamie Foxx
Director: Garry Marshall
Runtime: 116
Genre: Rom-Com

Ghost Writer - Edited
Cast: Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, James Belushi
Director: Roman Polanski
Runtime: 129
Genre: Drama/Thriller

Free Willy 4
Cast: Bindi Irwin, Beau Bridges
Director: Will Geiger
Runtime: 102
Genre: Family
Hi

We are booked on ZB424 BHX-LPA on the 21/8 - I was just wondering what the incoming flight is so I can check for any delays beforehand (assuming we fly of course, given the Spanish ATC situation....!)

Thanks
rlove,

Welcome to the forum. The aircraft for your flight operates the flight to Malaga ZB970/1 in the morning.
Hi
Flying MAN/LCA 11th August ZB640
Just wondering where the aircraft is before the flight - for quite a few weeks it has been delayed?
Thanks Irene
Irene wrote:
Flying MAN/LCA 11th August ZB640
Just wondering where the aircraft is before the flight - for quite a few weeks it has been delayed?

Irene, your flight is operated by an A330-200 and the aircraft you are due to fly on operates the Manchester to Cancun the day before. The timings are as follows:

MAN/CUN 0900/1930 MON379
CUN/MAN 2030/0645* MON378

* returns on the Wednesday morning
Hi Partyboy
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Irene
Hello all

Returned yesterday (Wednesday 4th) on ZB 933 from TFS to BHX. We went out on G-OZBH, which was fine, but I didn't get the registration number of the plane we came back on but it was not as comfortable.

Couple of questions for the experts.

There was no inflight entertainment and the seat pitch seemed much smaller on the return flight.

Any ideas why?
Roadrunner, your return flight was on G-OZBR. Unfortunately, there is no video player on this aircraft and so that is why there would have been no IFE. Whenever possible, Monarch try to make sure that IFE routes (including Tenerife) are operated on an aircraft that does have IFE. However, recently Monarch have had one or two problems with various aircraft and have had to make some changes to their planned operations. This may have meant that the aircraft intended to fly you back from Tenerife was substituted with another plane.

As for seating, the configuration and capacity of G-OZBH and G-OZBR is the same, both carrying 214 passengers. The seat pitch is the same on both, unless you were lucky enough to be sat in the first 6 rows on the way out. These seats are extra legroom seats and so would have had more space.
partyboy

Thanks for your reply. Yes we were in Row 6 on the way out and 18 on the way back so that explains the legroom. It wasn't that bad on the way back as we had no one sat in the isle seat so could spread out a bit but with no IFE time dragged on a bit.
Hi! Currently sat in MCR for flight ZB 532 to Palma. We should have left at 9am but not expected to leave till 14.55?? anyone around with any further news??
Thanks
Annie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.