Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
RThanks Darren. finally left MCrR at 15.15, 6 hours late. Really nice flight though. Thanks for your reply. (Its great to be here though!)

Annie
can anyone please tell me why mon 3506 was 6 hours late from manchester to dalaman on saturday(7th aug)
Im on the MON1472 tomorrow 10th August from LGW to CHQ. Could someone pls advise the flight pattern pror to this flight so that I can check delays? Thanks

Rob
ollierw wrote:
can anyone please tell me why mon 3506 was 6 hours late from manchester to dalaman on saturday(7th aug)

ollierw, it is not uncommon for there to be delays at this time of year during the peak season. Last week saw a number of aircraft go tech. I believe there was an unfortunate incident that happened when an A300 was towed back from stand by a tug that caused some damage to the aircraft. As a result, the aircraft was grounded. Another incident saw an A321 aircraft out of Birmingham return shortly after take off due to engine problems whilst another aircraft en route to Kos had to divert to Athens due to fog. All of these compounded problems last week. At this time of year it is not uncommon for aircraft to be operating flights 24 hours a day and it is not always possible to pick the programme up again straight away. It was not necessarily one of these aircraft that your flight was due to operate on, however it will have had an effect as aircraft and the programme of flying was swapped and changed to accommodate for these incidents.

rm2242 wrote:
Im on the MON1472 tomorrow 10th August from LGW to CHQ. Could someone pls advise the flight pattern pror to this flight so that I can check delays?

Sorry for the late reply, but the flight prior to yours is the LGW/CFU MON5528, due to land at 0650 tomorrow morning. Have a good flight :)
Thank you very much partyboy!
Off to the airport now... :)
Rob
am on MON 5246 LGW to dalaman 16.8 can anyone tell me what sort of plane this will be
thanks in advance
iloveholidays1703,

Your flight is due to be operated by an A321-200.
Hi

Just booked to go to Egypt (Sharm) from Manchester with Monarch. It is flight no MON1286 on 07.10.10. Could someone tell me what kind of plane it is and is it 3 per seat throughout or is there a section in the back with 2-3-2?

Many thanks
Rhion
rhionm,

MAN-SSH-MAN (MON1286/7) are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Im going with Monarch to Cancun on Sept 21st and ive heard horror stories about the planes and the IFE. Can someone put my mind at rest please :cry

do you only get at 30" pitch and is it the old "tellys" in the ceiling job??? :que
scoobylid,

You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Flights are operated by Airbus A330-200. Seat pitch is 30" wih IFE screens located over the isles. Believe it or not, all long haul charter aircraft used to be like that, some still are! It's only since 2005 when First Choice improved things, then Thomson / Thomas Cook followed suite in 2008 that things changed. While 30" seat pitch is bearable, I've been cross the pond many times in aircraft with this configuration, it does get a little cramped after a while. Bear in mind many of the scheduled carriers only offer 31" seat pitch in their economy cabins, so there's not a lot in it. If you don't think that's enough, there are extra legroom seats at extra costs, subject to availability. The IFE is fine but you obviously don't get to choose what you want to watch.

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply Dazbo. A mate flew to Cancun with Monarch in May and said they had TV's in the seats, but it WAS cramped. Oh well, best get my IPOD charged and fully of movies just in case , cheers ;)
Monarch Airlines have extended their online check in upto 18 days. Anyone travelling on a scheduled flight for a fornights holiday can now check in for their inbound flight before leaving home :)
To use this service you must have pre allocated seats.

http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1143770.php
hi guys

Are you able to confirm if my flight leaves from gatwick SOUTH terminal?
30-NOV-2010 MON4206 London Gatwick Uk Sharm El Sheikh 09:30 16:40
:D Cheers Fran x
Yes, all flights from London Gatwick depart from the South Terminal
EXTRA LEGROOM do you have the configuration for MON 7926 to kos 18/09/10 we have booked extra legroom seats and want to know where they are

thanks

jane
janefulton,

MON7926 are operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R. Extra legroom seats are located on rows; 1 seats A/B/D/E/F/G/H/J, 9 B/C/D/E/F/G/H and 31 B/C/D/E/F/G/H. Further aircraft information is available on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.