Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
sleep_r_us,

Flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200, non-stop. Aircraft information including seating plans are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Flying with Monarch in October and just wondering if it's OK to take Champagne in the suitcase or hand luggage (after buying in duty free)?

Thanks
Rhion
I can't see why it would cause any problems in your hand luggage.
You can buy it in duty free and take it onboard, you won't be able to drink it onboard.
Can anyone advise if Monarch allow "Smokeless Cigs" on board. :think
My mate has just returned from Tenerife on Ryanair and said they were allowed to use these and even sold them by Cabin Crew. I'm of to Tenerife in 2 weeks and I could handle 4 1/2hrs without a smoke but it would be nice to have the choice.

Sh33p,
Hello, just returned of a Monarch longhaul flight to Cancun and back and they made it clear that smokeless cigarette or electronic cigarette were strictly prohibited onboard.
Hope that helps,
Z.J.C
Oh well nevermind. :haha I will just have to chew gum

Thanks
hi guys dont know if anyone can help......ive just found a great deal going to Turkey on Sat 28th from Manchester to Dalaman-have been told flight leaves Man at 21.00 and returns from Turkey at 11.55am 4/9-this is supposedly with Monarch but upon searching, i cant seem to find anything on this flight-can anyone tell me is it legit? Dont want to book and loose everything-thanks!
unable to locate any such flight with those timings from ANY airport with ANY airline - if you could get hold of the flight numbers then that may help. Could be some late random charter. Which company is it with?
thats why i am a bit concerned!! it is through teletext holidays with jetline travel. think i will do a bit more digging before i book-thanks for replying!
Hmmm, this is a strange one and not sure what to do...3 times i have rang and spoken to diffrent people...1st one said yes, its monarch-looked it up and no such flight...2nd one said no, no such flight, its with a turkish airline (which coincidentally looking at manchester airport timetable no turkish airline flies to Dalaman that day!) and 3rd time was told its with Ryanair who dont even fly there!!!!!! :que
Hi, we are travelling to Stanford airport in Florida from Gatwick flight no. MON329, does anybody know what plane this is as i seem to get conflicting reports. I have read horror stories about very cramped seats :( and i am now not looking forward to the flight. Also does anyone know how much extra more the extra legroom seats would set me back?. I have also heard that they do not have tv's in the back of each seat which the children are not happy about!!! lol I would be grateful for any information. Thank you.
thomas4,
I have just returned from a Monarch longhaul flight to Cancun. The aircraft will be a Airbus A330-200 aircraft with seating in a 3-3-3 configuration which in my opion is terrible especially if your travelling as a family of 4 as we got spilt up both ways. Extra legroom seats are located at the back of the cabin and are worth every penny! The leg room isn't terrible but after 5 hours it did become more claustrophobic, and lead me to stand up and walk around for around 2 hours.

There are no TV's in the seats no, unless you pay premium class so the flight does get boring they have IFE on Drop down tvs but if your not seated in the middle seats the view of the TV's is no existent.

Monarch really need to get out of the long haul market, there business model is not ready for long haul flying just yet, they need to go back to the drawing board.

Hope this helped
Z.J.C
thomas,

Your flight is operated on an A330-200. I will direct you to a recent reply on p.73 from Dazbo in this forum after a similar question from somebody else. There is also more information on this aircraft on the What Aircraft Guide.

Extra legroom seats cost £40pp per sector, whilst upgrading to Premium seating which does have seat back TV's is £140pp per sector.

If you would like to see pictures of the aircraft cabin then you can find some here:

A300 Standard Cabin with view of rear extra legroom seats (purple headrests)
A330 Standard Cabin
A330 Premium Cabin
A330 Premium Cabin with seat back TV's
Thanks for your quick replies. I have had a look at the pictures of the cabin and can say i have been on alot worse although short haul smaller planes. Will post my thoughts on my return!!! :sun2
Hi all.
A friend of mine is flying MAN - PMI flight ZB534 this afternoon, she has just called to say there is a seven hour delay anyone know why exactly? All they have been told is that a previous flight has been delayed by technical problems and there are no spare aircraft, As she said this is messing their holiday especially the car hire as the hire company are closed from midnight till seven am and the thought of another seven hours at Man with two young children is sending her crazy :haha .
Hope it isn't like this when we fly in October, but looking at this flight over the last couple of weeks it has been delayed nearly every time, time Monarch got it sorted, it was the same in June when we flew home.

BigAl
This is most likely because the flight out to Almeria which was due out at 0740 this morning only left at 1516. This would have a knock on effect to any subsequent flights on this aircraft. It is quite normal for an airline to encounter technical problems and at this time of year when all its aircraft are up in the sky for most of their time with downtime only during turnaround it can be difficult to make this time back up until their is a space in the scheduling or a spare aircraft available.

Delays are frustrating for everyone, not least the crew and the airline itself. However I am sure you will agree that safety is more important than anything else and no doubt your friend would rather travel in the knowledge that the airline will only make sure its aircraft are flying when they are fully serviceable. Hopefully, your friend will get away later on this evening without too many problems. It may also be worth your friend asking if Monarch (or their handling agent, Swissport) would allow her to contact the car hire company to see if alternative arrangements can be made.
Hi Party boy.
She has contacted Monarch who have said she has to contact the car hire company herself at her own expense which she has now done, they do have an after hours service which costs €50 extra, she has asked monarch if they will pay this extra as it is not her fault but the lady she spoke to said no as it is not there fault either. My friend has said that the flight might not take off until tomorrow now because of pilot hours or something like that but she says that is just what a few passengers are saying.

We all agree that safety is paramount but you cannot help but feel sorry for them, they have worked all year for a week in the sun.

Hopefully they will get to Palma sooner than later.

Cheers
BigAl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.