Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for the reply Gower,

I may just post a message in the Monarch section.

In terms of ZB870, from what you say i assume this is a scheduled flight, if so it appears from reading various sites these tend to stick to their flight times where by charter flights (often cheaper) can occur various delays??

Do you think this would be a fair reflection??

Kind Regards
Craig
  • Edited by David 2010-09-15 18:36:09
    Merged with Monarch Q&As topic
Prettypollycat wrote:
I note from your other post that you're not after compensation, if your issue was lack of information and/or the timeliness of any information regarding delays in your flight, I'd be inclined to write to Monarch with a brief, to-the-point and unemotional letter explaining what happened, what (in your opinion) went wrong and how they could have done things better.

Well said :clap - posting on here is all very well, but it won't get you very far
craigy999 wrote:
In terms of ZB870, from what you say i assume this is a scheduled flight, if so it appears from reading various sites these tend to stick to their flight times where by charter flights (often cheaper) can occur various delays??

Do you think this would be a fair reflection??

Hi Craig,

No I would not say that is correct, I think people assume because the word 'scheduled' is used that it is more likely to be on time. In reality the difference between Charter & Scheduled is simply how the flight is sold. Scheduled flights are generally sold as flight only direct with the airlines but charter flights are filled by inclusive tour packages.

The punctuality of the flight would not normally make much difference whether it was Scheduled or Charter, delays are normally caused by technical problems, air traffic control delays etc. and both charter and scheduled flights suffer these problems (although there may be odd occasions where scheduled flights might be given priority over a charter flight by air traffic control).

But generally airlines want their flights to be on time whether they are charter or scheduled, unfortunately as we have all experienced at some stage or another, delays are an unwanted part of travelling, unwanted by the passengers, the airports and the airlines.

Just a case of keeping your fingers crossed I'm afraid. Delays cost money so you can be assured you will only be delayed for a good reason. :sun2
Many thanks for your update Mark, i have just booked the Monarch ZB870 flight to palma, so as you said fingers crossed ;)
Hi

Does anyoneknow the Monarch policy on change of scheduled (ZBxxx) flight time if they have amended the time. I can find parts of their terms and conditions which relate to customers changing flights but not Monarch themselves

In January I had booked 2 passengers including myself from Manchester to Lanzarote departing at 07:30 arriving 11:50
and a friend from London Gatwick at 08:05 arriving Lanzarote at 12:15pm

Had an email today stating time change on Manchester flight so now does not depart until 1.30pm - a change of over 5 hours
The problem is the accomodation is in my name with alpharooms and they will only allow checkin if I am present so friend travelling from gatwick would be sitting around for over 6 hours.

They give a link in the email to click to accept which takes you to a page on their website with the new times and a box to tick to accept the change if you are happy - problem is it doesnt have any info on what to do if you are not happy.

(one option could be to change lead name on accomodation which I think costs £40 with alpharooms but dont want to pay that in case before January they change the Gatwick flight)

Was looking to rebook with another airline if Monarch would cancel

Thanks
a change of 6 hrs is not considered a major change, therefore you would probably loose money if you cancel,
Q.. did you not receive a hotel voucher sheet [usually sent by e-mail]
if answer is yes...then can you not send a copy to your friends to present at the apartment [i assume you are sharing 1 apartment]

wizard
Thanks Wizard - we are sharing the same apartment but I emailed Alpharooms but they say as my name is lead name I have to be present at check-in.
Andrew,

I'd be tempted to contact Monarch anyway as their website states the following in the T's & C's:-

'If, after you purchase your ticket, we make a significant change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight, which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund for the ticket or the portion of the ticket as applicable. '

It doesn't actually mention on their website what a 'significant' change is classed as so it could be worth a phone call.

Saynoto0870 quotes 01582 398127 as the number for their customer relations department.

Good Luck :cheers
Thanks for that - I hadnt noticed that bit of their terms.

I'll give that a go tomorrow - if they let me cancel I can book with another airline on the same day which has times which more closely match my friends flight from Gatwick and hope they dont going changing!

I've also sent another to alpharooms to see if I can appeal to their better nature and let my friend present the voucher.

Fingers crossed.
The problem is the accomodation is in my name with alpharooms and they will only allow checkin if I am present

I emailed Alpharooms but they say as my name is lead name I have to be present at check-in.

I've also sent another to alpharooms to see if I can appeal to their better nature and let my friend present the voucher.

Is it worth trying to circumvent alpharoom's policy and getting in touch with the accommodation direct by email, explaining the circumstances and asking if your friend can present the accommodation voucher?
does anyone know what type of plane would be operating these flights, don t have numbers of them

Date 06 Oct 10
From Gatwick
To Cyprus (Larnaca)
Departs 08:15
Arrives 14:55

Date 13 Oct 10
From Cyprus (Larnaca)
To Gatwick
Departs 15:55
Arrives 18:50
wiggleworth,

Your flight is operated on a B757 - flight numbers MON5392/3 :tup
thanks,

might be going on the sat instead numbers MON3488, 3489

is this still going to be one of the old trusty 757?
Hi,

I have booked a Scheduled flight only on Via Monarch Airlines the flight Numbers are ZB870 and on return ZB873 flying out of Luton.

When i was offered to pre book my seats the seat layout given was 3seats - 3 seats- 3 seats, with a 2-3-2 at the front and rear.

I thought these larger planes were more for long haul flights??

I am only flying to Palma Majorca!

I would be grateful if anyone could confirm if the above is normal and if so any idea what type of plane we will be flying on?

Kind regards

Craig
craigy999,

This aircraft is an A300-600. You can find out ore information on the What Aircraft Guide.

The aircraft in fact does what we call a W pattern where it flies MAN-PMI-LTN and then does the opposite, LTN-PMI-MAN; so your crew will be Manchester based. This flight is every Saturday throughout summer.

Although a wide-bodied aircraft, it is particularly suited to short-medium haul flying. It is good for Monarch to use on these routes as it can carry up to 361 passengers. In winter, it is used to take passengers to and from Goa, via Bahrain and is sometimes used as a rescue aircraft if ever Monarch's A330 aircraft encounter technical problems and are unable to fly.

The seating configuration is 2-3-2 on the front row and towards the rear only because this is where the aircraft narrows. All seating is standard and there is no premium cabin.
Good morning, I was wondering if you could let me know if the MON6382 on the 7th Jan and the MON6383 on the 22nd Jan will be operated via Bahrain or is non-stop?
Thankyou very much.
I believe this flight is planned to operate non-stop, but as usual is subject to change
partyboy_757,

Thanks for posting those photos of the Monarch VIP 757. Nice seats and a very interesting carpet! I think my Nan used to have something like that in her front parlor.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.