Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
BigAl,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PMI-MAN (ZB532/3) are normally operated by an Airbus A321-200, sometimes the smaller A320-200 and odd flights a Boeing 757-200! You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
Thanks Darren.
Hope its one of the airbuses, never liked the old 757's lol.
Thanks a lot for that info
Having just come back from Kenya on Monarch Airlines I've now got the fun & games of my luggage being lost.

I flew into Gatwick (2.5 hours late from Mombasa - are all Monarch flights late these days?)
on 29th Dec and had to catch a BA flight up to Manchester. The luggage didn't surface at Gatwick, and I, and four other passengers in the same boat, were assured by Swissport (Monarch's agents) that the luggage would be sent to our home addresses. Just "RUN - and catch your BA flight then inform the BA desk at Manchester" we were told.
We all did - and the BA guy at Manchester was really helpful, registered the claims, and promised our luggage to home addresses "very quickly".

It's now 2nd January - no luggage - so I tried tracing it on the system with the provided reference.
BA apparently got the bag to Manchester then put it onto a FlyBE flight to Glasgow - and then the trail goes cold.
I call the BA help number - on a premium rate number I listen to 35 minutes of music and during the short intervals when I'm not ‘on hold' - the guy suggests variously, call Monarch, call Swissport, call FlyBE, or go to Glasgow airport and maybe try to look for the bag!!!
I know I'm now in a multi-headed monster hole called "Monarch/Swissport/Gatwick/BritishAirways/Manchester/FlyBE/GlasgowAirport".
Nobody really wants to help - just pass the buck.

Any suggestions from experienced travellers on which way to go next?
Or just accept the luggage is lost forever?
ukbill,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I've been in a similar predicament but luckily my bags arrived at my home address by courier as promised. I would get in contact with Swissport if they were the ones dealing with the problem as handling agents. Assuming they collected your bags at Gatwick, they must know what happened to them from that point and got them on a flight so will know when and where they were sent. It should be up to them to make equiries as to why they never reached thir final destination. Why they got sent to Manchester is anyones guess if you were going to Glasgow, I'm sure they could have gone direct. I can't understand why they would have flown them up anyway. They normally send them by courier to the home addrerss to prevent this type of thing happening. Unaccumpanied baggage on aircraft is a security issue too.

Darren
Hello

I am off to the Maldives next weekend from Gatwick, I am flying Monarch with in their Premium cabin, flight number 2018 outbound and 2019 on the way back. This is a package holiday booked through Monarch. I have not flown with Monarch before and have a few questions:

1. Do you know which aircraft operates this service
2. Is it a non stop flight or via Manchester
3. I have been saving my 24 dvd for the flight there and back, is there access to a power point in the premium cabin to recharge my dvd player if necs.
4. I prefer a window or aisle seat, as a lone traveller do I stand a good chance of getting this or are they usually assigned to couples, I plan to check in about three hours before take off, I would hate to be stuck in the middle of a row of 4. I have searched Monarch's website and cant see anyway of guaranteeing any particular seat. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rachel
MrsRing,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200 flying non-stop. There are no power points onboard the aircraft for charging passenger devices, take plenty of batteries with you. If you arrive at check-in early, you can request a window seat as seats aren't pre-allocated. However, as the premium cabin is configured 2-4-2, it's preferable to seat couples by the windows but there's nothing to stop you requesting a seat at check-in. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (see below).

Darren
I would get in contact with Swissport if they were the ones dealing with the problem as handling agents. Assuming they collected your bags at Gatwick, they must know what happened to them from that point

I emailed Swissport and amazingly (on a new year Sunday!!) they replied within a couple of hours.
I've now got my luggage - though it did do a little more flying than I did!!

Darren right again! - thanks
ukbill wrote:
I've now got my luggage
:tup glad you're sorted.

Darren
moles, kent,

Aircraft are all over the place at the moment through weather diversions and ops teams doing the best they can to try and minimise delays for passengers and work around the weather. It would normally be MON337/6 to/from Calgary but it's been rescheduled to operated on Thursday 7th January now. Latest flight information is available on Gatwick Airport and Monarch Airlines websites. The advice from Monarch is to arrive at the airport as normal and await further information.

Darren
I would anticipate a 24hr delay on it to be frank.....all MON long hauls from today are now going tomorrow, so an obvious knock on. I would be prepared for it that's all.
I still can't see the monarch plane coming in from Calgary today. Is this still the likely plane to be used for the Goa flight, or will another plane be used coming from another destination?
The Goa flight just says 'delayed' after checking-in, but the desk clerk said it may not be too late leaving, due to so many other, scheduled flights being cancelled. Those poor travellers booked on scheduled flights must be so upset/stressed.
moles, kent,

It won't be coming in from Calgary today, it's departing to Calgary sometime today and returning Friday morning, 24 hours behind schedule due to the weather and airport closure (see my previous reply to your post). I think G-EOMA is due to operate it, it operated a positoning flight to LGW this morning (MON036P) but I haven't seen it depart as yet. It should have gone at 0915. The other A332 (G-SMAN) left at 1037 to Grenada. Whether they'll sub the Calgary or your flight for an A300B4-605R with a stop in Bangor / Bahrain respectively, I don't know. You need to be speaking to Monarch about your flight as mentioned previously. Unless ops have manage to juggle things around, I would expect the flight to be going sometime on Friday but you need to wait for Monarch to update you.

moles, kent wrote:
Those poor travellers booked on scheduled flights must be so upset/stressed.

That's true but also spare a thought for those dealing with the situation. I know staff at Manchester who have been helping out with keeping the airport operational have been working double shifts and stopping in airport hotels. They didn't go home for a couple of days to try and keep things moving. I would assume the same at Gatwick.

Darren
Thanks Darren for your prompt response. However after all that, they boarded a short time ago and are flying via Bahrain (as you thought).

You are right re staff, I have never been a fan of Monarch, but they have apparantly been brilliant re info, assistance. queries etc at the airport. Thanks again for your help. Let's hope everyone gets away ok.
Hi,

I have been trying to get a price from Monarch flights but everytime I put the return date in up pops a panel which says no flights available, it appears you cannot put in any date,

Is anyone having this problem or is it just me? This has been going on for over a week now.
BarbH,

What is it you're trying to book? Some flights are showing as fully booked so it could be there's simply no availability for the dates you're looking for? (See PM's).

EDIT: I see the problem you mean with the pop-up calander. You can bypass this by manually inputting the return date and everything is fine.

Darren
Hi all
traveling from manchester to tenerife in march with monarch,I know I can use online check in for the outward journey but nowhere on there web site can I find any information about the homeward flight.
Does anyone know if you can do your online checkin for return like you can with jet2?
jeanie
jeanie

Online check-in is available from 7 days prior to your departure date. If your return flight is for later than that, you can't check-in for the return flight before you travel. More information is on Monarchs website.

Darren
just booked a last minute ski holiday going to austria on the 23rd of january MON4954 man to Salzburg can u tell me what aircraft is used ? thanks
buster27,

MON4954 should be back to being operated by a Boeing 757-200, but has been operated by an Airbus A300B4-605R over the busier christmas period.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.