Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Monarch Airlines
18 Posts
Here is the link to email Monarch with your queries, they will reply but it may take a few days.
Would you kindly post their reply as I would be interested to know, their website faqs are not very clear.

http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/holidays/contact-us/email-us

This may help:

When will I receive my tickets?

Full details of your holiday will be dispatched to you approx 7 to 10 working days before departure. If you have not received these within 5 working days of your departure, please call us on 0871 423 8503 (Calls to this number cost 10 pence per minute from a standard BT landline. Calls from other networks and mobiles may vary), selecting the option for existing customers.

It is vital that you check the information on your travel documentation to ensure everything is correct. Flight details are subject to change at any point so it is vital that you check your departure time, airport and terminal. Also, the names on your ticket must be your passport names.
Tell them when they arrive at Lanaca to look for the COSMOS rep, cosmos holidays is the package devision of Monarch group but this year they have started to call them monarch holidays

yasus
wizard
when i spoke to someone from monarch they wasnt very helpful and she didnt seem to have a clue herself she just said we wont get no paperwork at all and she doesnt know what we have to do when they get to larnaca
Two years ago we did a tour of Spain with Archers. the flights were with Monarch. The only thing we had was a slip of paper with a reference number written on it.

We gave the number at check in both at Manchester and Malaga with no problem. Personally I think it is a stupid idea.

fwh
Most scheduled airlines are now ticketless. Get your boarding card either by showing your passport at a check in desk or by putting any credit card into one of the check in machines. One thing less to forget to take with you.
or by putting any credit card into one of the check in machines.

I always thought that it had to be the card that you used to make the booking in the first place. If it isn't how does the machine know it's you and issue the correct boarding pass?

SM
As long as the name on the card is the same as the name on the booking any car will work; it just reads the name from the card.
So I'd better never discuss my holiday plans with the colleague at work who has exactly the same name as me then :D

Seriously, when it's only emails that end up with the wrong S..... M......... it's not a big problem and our surname is not a common one up in Scotland anyway which is why it's such a huge and surprising coincidence. But how do they deal with the much lower odds on two people having the same name when dealing with much more common names? Looking at my telephone directory, I bet that is isn't that unusual to find more than one John McDonald on transatlantic flights out of Glasgow! This is why I thought that you needed either the booking reference number and/or the same card and account details that were used to book in the first place.

SM
Hi, We have just booked our holiday with Monarch and we received a confirmation letter with the flight details and the latest check in times on which we just need to hand in when we get to the airport, we have done this once before when we booked a late deal with Thomas Cook and we never had any problem.

We also received the information regarding transfers and were to go when we arrive. I wouldn't worry, I can't complain about the service and information from Monarch.

:cheers Jules
Hi
we have a flight with monarch booked through another travel company and we have e-tickets, that is to say the information was e-mailed to me and I have had to print them off, out bound and in bound. never done this before so am hoping all is well
SMa

I'm with you on this - I know the ticket machines at railway stations will only give out pre booked tickets if you insert the actual card you paid with and I'd have expected the airlines to be just as careful. But since this is a package and they need hotel vouchers and transfer details I don't think this is the method that will be used.

But when you think about it, turning up at the desk and presenting your passport and reference number easyjet style isn't that secure if two people have the same name!
But when you think about it, turning up at the desk and presenting your passport and reference number easyjet style isn't that secure if two people have the same name!

Guess I've always trusted that they do check the reference number and make sure that name AND reference number are correct and match up with what's on their system and that the photo in the ID does look like me! But has anybody else noticed that if you photocopy the photo page in your passport you end up looking like a Klingon because of the hologram in the laminate they use?

SM

PS
My company used to book and pay for the tickets; I just got the boarding card by putting any credit card into the machine, selecting my seat and then on my way.
SMa - they don't always ask for the reference and anyway, someone in your office could get that from the email. The passport number would be better but even if it's on API data, it isn't collected for all routes and I don't think the checkin people have access.
I've just registered and would have like to start a new thread or PM an admin, but it seems I am not allowed to do either of those things.

Monarch API: the drop-down menu for date of birth years only goes as far as 1998. Our daughter was born in 2000. We cannot complete the advance Passenger Information and Monarch are not answerign the phone. They say it has to be provided four days in advance and we are travelleing on Saturday morning.

We have emailed them but no answer of course. Is this just a ruse to make sure everyone has to call them at 10p a minute?

Does anyone have any advice?

panicstricken, London.
panicstricken
If you have not got through yet you could try going through Avro - Monarch's sister company - who deal with the flight side of things. If nothing else you may be able to email them and they can contact Monarch for you. I emailed a query to them yesterday and they came straight back to me. Hope you get it all sorted out. Would include a link but the site is not letting me!
Avro:- http://www.avro.co.uk/

Email:- reservations@avro.co.uk

Telephone:- 0871 423 8550 (Calls to this number cost 10 pence per minute from a standard BT landline. Calls from other networks and mobiles may vary) (If you are calling from overseas +44 161 209 4259)

Opening hours:-
Opening times:
Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.30
Saturday 09.00 to 17.00
Sunday Closed
Bank Holidays 10.00 to 16.00
Christmas Eve 08.30 to 13.00
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.