Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Am I right in thinking I can top my card up at the ICICI Bank in Calangute or do I have to top it up on line?
We are thinking of getting one of the above cards for our trip in January. I understand that you have to activate it at an Icici ATM in India. We are staying in Cavelossim this time and would be grateful if anyone knows where the nearest ATM is that we could use for this.

Thanks
BrenLiz wrote:
Am I right in thinking I can top my card up at the ICICI Bank in Calangute or do I have to top it up on line?

You have to top it up from a UK bank account
Javelin wrote:
We are thinking of getting one of the above cards for our trip in January. I understand that you have to activate it at an Icici ATM in India. We are staying in Cavelossim this time and would be grateful if anyone knows where the nearest ATM is that we could use for this.

Thanks

I'm unsure where the nearest one to you is but you only have to visit theirs once to activate. I believe there one at Mumbai airport.
If you email icici they will tell you
You can google icici branch locator.
If you search Cavelossim it tells you there's a branch near the post office.
I would think they have an ATM
I know I have to top it up from a UK bank account but how do I put more money onto it once I have spent the initial amount and need to top the card up again. Can I just go into the branch in Calangute and have them transfer the money from my bank account onto the card. I am going for 2 months so the maximum amount I can put on will not last me the whole time, I will need to top it up again once I am in Goa.
Hi Brenliz
Yes you will need to top it up via uk account.
I guess it's geared up for short time travel as you do pay a few inr to transfer and use the card.
I like the idea of this card. Was looking at it yesterday. We can apply in a couple of weeks time( mindful of the 170 day cut off). I can't see the rates staying at what they are now so locking in the rate seems sensible.
That's what we've done but ours runs out end December.
I suppose I should get Jayne to apply for one as the latest one with the longer expiry time.
The rate hasn't dropped as quickly as I had expected and is still worth having as a means of moving £ to INR.
I fear the exchange rate could be very different by the time April comes.
It is such a brilliant rate now.
Thanks for the atm info SteveandJayne. I have looked on the map and it says there is a branch on the Margao bypass! Guess a taxi driver will know where it is.
Ok, thanks for the info, I had better stick to the TCs then as I have my room to pay for when I get there so the amount on the card will soon run out.
whoops meant 101. Today 101.60 still very good :D
I have been reading through the small print of the ICICI card and am I right in thinking I can only load approx £500 on it (50000 INR)
If this is the case can me and my husband both have a card or will they think Im pulling a fast one. Goinf for three months, flying feb 9th so £500 is not enough even for Goa! :)
Laura
Exchange rate showing approx 101.5 on XE at the moment. Can anyone say what the local rates are at the

moment, in particular north Goa. I shall be going mid Jan for 6 week I hope it remains high .
We just got back from baga yesterday and the rate was 101. Have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.