Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
monsoon season
8 Posts
I personally prefer Goa during the monsoon when most of the white faces have left, it feels more like home. Calangute / Baga is still very busy with Indian tourists but many other places are pretty much dead. Which is nice :)
It's now coming up to June and we have had a few showers (at night, some very heavy), but hardly anything during the day. I think the monsoon is scheduled to hit in the first week of June (last time I heard), but it's still reasonably sunny and hot. If you're here for the whole monsoon and relying on a bike to get around it can get a bit much as you will get soaked. But at least it's warm rain. My favourite months are September / October when most of the rain is at night and you can get a few longer sunny spells and its beautifully green everywhere (and still quiet).
Yes I was reading about the delayed monsoon. Good news for some. It has actually been raining though hasn't it?
It has rained a bit, but 99% of it was during the night. I think there has been 3 big thunderstorms at night and a lot of rain, but during the day it's been pretty good.

It did help to bring the temperature down a bit, so it was welcome, although it seems humid the last couple of days so looking forward to another large shower.
I'd like to see Goa in the monsoon, but I think due to having limited holiday from work, it's nice to see the sunshine.

Perhaps one to put on the list for when retirement beckons.
I have so many plans for when I am retired :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.