Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
i've never stayed at this hotel but it doesget good reviews from the people i have spoken to. the only thing that put me off using this hotel is that they allocated you a table for meals and that does not suit me.
the land train runs from the junction of Santa Susanna to the old town of Malgrat and is worth taking a trip on just to get your bearings. you should be able to pick this up outside your hotel on the opposite side of the street.
if you come out your hotel and turn left you can walk about 5 minutes to the rosa nautica roundabout where amonst other things is the tourist info kiosk, a kiosk for booking the boat between the resorts
http://dofijetboats.com/eng/btn4.php
there is also a chemist there where they speak english and the crown and anchor pub which is usually my first stop for breakfast on arrival.
http://www.turismemalgrat.com/eng/parks.php
will give you more info on the town and things to do
market day in Malgrat is thursday
Thanks for the info. The market sounds good, I know my wife was wanting to go to Blanes market anyway so will probably do both.
Just over 4 weeks to go. New clothes bought, holiday paid for, insurance sorted. Not long left until numb bum time and the 27 hour coach trip. I actually see it as an adventure tho, so can't wait and we've started the holiday count down !
2 weeks today i will be off to the maripins
I'm travelling to Malgrat on 26/9/15. Staying at hotel Monteplaya.
Never been on such a long coach journey before so a bit apprehensive but looking forward to the holiday.
jimd-f wrote:
2 weeks today i will be off to the maripins

are you flying jim ?
no. i went with Ferris.
now off today with a friend to stay at the planamar -maripins shuts tomorrow- again with ferris
hope the weather is a bit better than last time.

i still fly over for some trips but i preferred when i could fly to gerona rather than barcelona
was hoping to get away for the October half term week with ferris, but sickness levels in work put a block on that :(
Got back last night. Hotel was good. Food was all right (but eggs needed to see the frying pan a bit longer). All inclusive drinks didn't start until 6pm but they were very good. A pint actually came in a pint glass and was the same stuff you would have paid for earlier. The hotel staff were brilliant. All in all a good hotel that i would go to again.

The weather wasn't up to much tho. I'd say it was the worst weeks weather i've ever had in Spain and i've gone later in the year than this before. It was overcast all the time and rained a few times. I suppose you can't blame the weather on anyone, but it didn't give any opportunity to go on the beach or in the swimming pool.

Oh well, it was a very good holiday anyway and we met a lot of very nice people both in our hotel and around the resort. I would recommend Malgrat to anyone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.