Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
No more Goa
12 Posts
I think you must be talking to the wrong people. We have been going for 16 years and hopefully will be going for a lot longer. We do hear people asking where they are going in the evening but don't see anything wrong with that. As someone who travels on their own at times it is sometimes nice to know where you can go and see a familiar face in the evening if you want some company. Hope you enjoy wherever you end up going though.
From Goa to Benidorm, sounds like frying pans and fires to me.
Perhaps you should look at different parts of Goa. We used to go to the Baga, Calangute,Candolim areas, but now we go to south Goa and it's quite different, much quieter and more enjoyable. I don't know where you stayed or if you've been to the south, but if you haven't, got to be worth a try.
BOB. :cheers
fair enough there are quite a few drinkers around looking for cheap bars etc but there are far more decent people just enjoying themselves.
It's clearly not the place it used to be but anywhere that tourists go to immediately starts th change to suit the market.
Another thing to consider... is it Goa thats changed in the 15 years or is it you?
I know that i look for a different holiday to the ones I looked for 15 years ago
Been all over the world over the years del but Goa was like a magnet to us , could not get enough of the place . Could be I don't like to see the changes it's going though but it just seemed the tourist who we spoke too where more bothered about where to get the cheapest bottle of kingfisher than Goa it's self . We tried agonda for three nights and that came close to what camdolim and the likes used to be like
We have been going to Goa for 15 years and always loved it - we always tried to do different things and visit as much of the state as possible by Enfield, scooter and lately by car.
Things have changed a lot - look at the new airport.
But one thing has remained constant and that is the rubbish.
Goa is one of the richest states per capita in India - yet they still have not addressed the rubbish problem.
It's the rubbish that has done it for us and we have decided to try elsewhere for our winter sunshine.
I was biggest fan of India, including Goa. we visited India (Rajastan, Kerala, Varanasi aso) 10 times with my wife, additionally for a year i lived alone in India, Mumbai. rubbish is a problem of course but biggest problem for us was that we didnt feel welcome there any more. we felt hostility at every step we got close to understanding the locals. "walking wallets" were only reason for smile. there were only rare exceptions we still value, who did not ask for a big favors after some relationship level. for us, India is out of our destinations for now. goodbye Goa Forum. I hope that we find India for us sometimes again. Take care and goodbye!
  • Edited by elephant 2016-06-01 18:52:32
this is also the reason I did not post any images of our last trip. BR argo
  • Edited by elephant 2016-06-01 19:09:54
I was hoping to take a couple of family members to Goa, but from what I have read I'm not so sure now!
I have not been to the south, is it quieter, can anyone recommend a nice area for just chilling out for a week?
Good places to eat and safe beaches.
Thanks
We've had a 2 year break and tried other places, but we have decided to give Goa a second chance.
We shall be spending a couple of weeks a bit further south at Coconut Creek, Bogmalo.
https://www.coconutcreekgoa.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.