Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Are they cutting this with immediate effect, or will they be running this summer and winter?

I know we moaned about Monarch, but at least they got you to Goa.
Article here:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/18/monarch-airlines-cut-1000-jobs-take-off-low-cost-carrier

Final paragraph says It's moving to scheduled-only flying from summer 2015.

TBH, when they withdrew their MAN - GOA flight for this coming season, the writing was on the wall.
Monarch announced 12 months ago they were pulling out of charter flights. Even if they hadn't I don't think they'd have stayed in longhaul for much longer. They cancelled their Dreamliner order 3 years ago to concentrate on short haul scheduled, which signalled their intent. Their 2 A330s aren't going to last forever lol.
We went with Monarch from Manchester last year booked through Jewel in the Crown flight only, was able to get a very cheap last minute deal for 42 days. During a 6 week period in November there where lots of flight only offers so they must have had difficulty filling the plane.

Personally travelling scheduled with any airline and in particular Qatar wins hands down compared with charter, OK it takes a bit longer and you have to change planes but the overall experience is much better, check-in, select your own seats free of charge, in-flight entertainment, food, free drinks and the much more professional way the crew attend to passengers.

You also have the option of days you can travel the ability to change flights and to cancel without forfeiting all the money you have paid. Finally its usually a lot cheaper. So goodbye Monarch no great loss to the Goa route.
Yes, the benefit of the scheduled airlines is that they fly more than once a week, so you can choose dates and durations to suit yourself.

The benfit of the chartered airlines is the direct, non-stop flight.

However, you do get treated much better on the scheduled airlines.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.