Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Stewbacca,
Yes I am afraid its true :(
The lads from the shacks are trying to sort out with the government some permanent land to use, Lets hope something is sorted for the coming season.
We are gutted as most of the lads Like Johnnie & Gilbert Churchill ,Adjit were only kids when we first went to Morjim and have a tough enough time scratching a living as it is. :bawl
Allan.
thats bad news for the guy who owns the first shack as you get onto the beach, as he has just spent lots building his small hotel(?) back up the road a bit
incidentally, thats Morjim beach in my avator.
dle949
I just wonder how much money in bribes the local panchyat will pass up in order to save the turtles.....not much would be my best guess, I don't think we've seen the last of the shacks at Morjim, after all in Goa "Money Talks"!!!

GFF xxx
the local panchyat is just upping his backhanders.

me a skeptic, prove it :rofl
( I bet you don't think you are a sceptic!! :lol:
Fiona)
[/i]
My in laws are in regular contact withthe lads from Morjim, it seems the Russians are buying up the local bars and are very worried about the local having shacks on the beach which are very popular as we all know. The local priest has spoken with local government officials and is of the opinion that the Russians pay more than shack owners for the rules to be made.

They will be asking for our support when we all go back and hopefully vote with our feet & wallets.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.