Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Muggers Alley
66 Posts
Thanks Sanji - iim not sure who is i just know where i was staying (Primavera Dos) there was defo no folk hanging around and it was a tiled street and not what i would call an alley and was well lit up at nightime.

Do we win a prize whoever is right :thanks
Do we win a prize whoever is right

:D :) :lol:
Don`t tempt me...I might be naughty and suggest something :rofl

I don`t know who is right and who is wrong because I did`nt venture up there on my last visit, apart from a quick walk up to the market and it was the coldest day of the holiday, so I thought sod this for a game of soldiers, I turned around and came away back to the warmth of a brandy and coffee in my favourite little coffee bar.
I think you have to be careful when referring to certain things about Benidorm.
It is an ever changing 12 month resort...and things, buildings, shops, roads etc can change within weeks.
A "tea room" a few doors down from the cafe Vina del Mar changed hands twice within 2 months and is now a junk shop. :evil:
It`s always best to get up to date info :wink: and the Guardia Civil were aware of the problems in the past in this area. :wink: :shrug :sun

besos xxx
Sanji
i know i was there last May and noticed loads of changes between then and when i got back from my 3 night visit on Sunday. It does look like the lights and the tiles on the floor were pretty new as i took notice of it (normally im not that sad where i would clock what condition the floors in :rofl ) but cause id read all the reports i thought this doesnt look unsafe when we arrived - alongside the paved street is what looks like a dirt track which if you walked directly accross would bring you to the market so is possible they have just built this pavement cause of the reports.

I just love the Dorm - back on the 13th of May for 8 nights and going to book an easyjet once they release and go for the fiesta in November as reports seem pretty good for then as well
I was staying in the Flamingo Benidorm in February and noticed muggers alley. I think it runs up to the end /side of the Flamingo. It is still a dirt track and unlit at night. Its ok during the day but in the dark could be dangerous.

Robert
im very confused :?

think what ive been led to belive is muggers alley and what actual is could be two different places then.

Best look on the bright side - i was safe the whole time i was there
Post edited for copyright reasons
David HT Mod
Maybe the bottom end has beem revamped, but the top end next to the Flamingo ain,t.

Robert
that could be the case Robert.

Cant wait till Sanji goes and checks it out so we know whats going on - im wondering where the eck i was actually staying :hmmm :hmmm ha ha
:offtop
I keep seeing 2 bottles popping and I have to check who the eck I`m talking too. :rofl

sanji xxx
must get me sel a new addy rather than nicking someone elses eh!! :rofl
:wave Sanji

If you are going to be detective cluedo to investigate 'Muggers Alley' do you need a companion, only you go in 3 weeks and I have got to wait until the end of June :cry:

I thought you may need someone to carry your case :wink: instead of Mr Sanji :lol:

Be careful :!:

kazee :D
Kazee
I`m laughing here because I said to Mr Sanji ..oh heck his name is David :roll:
Just said to David...we have a mission to find out about muggers alley.

He said..." you`ve gotta be :swear ing joking" :rofl

sanji xxx
Sanji, your mission.....should you choose to accept it.....is to........ :lol:
He said..." you`ve gotta be ing joking"

Sanji, :omg That is so funny :rofl :rofl

David, you sound like a very wise man to me, :wink:

Why do you think I didn't volunteer :lol: :lol:

Sue :) :)
Hi all I am staying in the Primerva dos (11) on April 25th these comments of muggers ally are slighly scaring me as it is me 20 yo and my 18 yo sister who is going, dont really fancy walking back to the apartment in the dark late at night!I fany one has been or stayed in the primevea in he last 6 months please could u tell me if these comments are true please !!! v
Please could somone please tell me the truth about these comments as I am going on 25thApril with my sister and want to now wot i have let my self in for !!!!!!
I came back from them apartments on Sunday and there isnt anything at all that i would say is "muggers alley" like yourself i was a bit worried but on arrival it is so nothing like what has been wrote.

The street outside the apartment is well lit and tiled not at all like the "muggers alley" tag - we never once saw anybody hanging around and felt 100% safe at all times.

i think the road must rung right up to the Flamingo player (which is quite a walk away) and i think the alley is up that end NOT at the primavera DOS.

Please dont stress about it like i say i have just arrived back so you cant get a better report than someone who has just stayed there
The street outside the apartment is well lit and tiled

I am not sure where those Apartments are located, but the little lane that has aquired the nickname of 'Mugger's Alley' is definately NOT "tiled" or "lit". At least it was not when I was last in Benidorm last October. It is nothing more than a dirt track. On one side there is a small ditch running along the length of the track which I assume used to have water in it. There ARE apartments on the other side, but from what I have been reading I think we are talking about more than one location here. 'Mugger's Alley' is in close proximity to the Benidorm Pueblo Hotel and the Outdoor Market.

I don't think HT members who have booked holidays in this area should worry unduly, as although the little dirt track has aquired this somewhat worrying nick name, I am not aware of anyone actually being mugged there.
Its just that is IS a dirt track, with no proper paving or tiles, and certainly no lighting. And common sense would tell you not to walk down, or up it alone after the hours of darkness.
Hiya people i think this topic is very serious especially to old people and familys who want to stay out later than noraml as most poeple do on there holidays but muggers are a threat i once saw a man been justled into a alley the mugger was trying to trick the man by pretending his wallet had fallan out of his pocket then pusing him into the alley i was really scared but couldnt really do much because i was pregnent with my new born baby Lee Lee fortunatly a gang of younger men scared the mugger off and helped the old man luckly the mugger didnt escape with anything but that was only coinsidently look at these that get targeted evey day i think maybe in the future this mugging issue may tend to get worse :( :x
Cheers

Lil Dee xxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.