Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
My Trip Report.
9 Posts
Wow thanks for your blog Sanji really interesting and I was going everywhere with you :lol:
Am really pleased you both enjoyed your holiday & Dave's food looks delicious tell him. :tup
I really enjoyed reading your trip report Sanji, you were very lucky with the weather and I'm pleased you had such a good holiday.
Thankyou for sharing..... :)
That was a great read Sanji :tup I've left a comment on your webpage.
Really enjoyed that shirley . I've been reading it in chunks over my sunday morning :)
Thanks.
We really didn't do anything different, like visiting somewhere different, which would have given me something different to write about, but I can make a story out of owt when I'm in the mood. :lol:
I always think that (apart from having good weather) it's been a good holiday when the days fly by too fast, and you've never sat there bored for one minute and wondered 'what shall we do next'.
The hours did fly by and before we knew it, the first week had gone, and I don't think I could ever get bored with the Costa del Sol, and if I could have just one wish, it would be that we were younger and then we'd have the alertness and the confidence to hire a car, and discovering/re-visiting other parts of Andalusia would just be up our street.

Dave took his driving licence, but I don't know why because there's no way I'd get in a car with him or let him drive on the right hand side in Spain. I mean c'mon, he has to have tests when he's 70 in April to make sure he's capable to drive in this country, and he'd be like a lamb to the slaughter driving around some places if we ended up in somewhere like the centre of Malaga or Sevilla...although it's probably dead easy after a few hours getting used to everything being on the opposite side, I just don't think Dave is quick enough.

I can remember when they first introduced roundabouts in Spain and one particular roundabout just outside Estepona had an ambulance and a fire engine permanently parked up on some land opposite....I don't think the Spanish have ever really got to grips with the concept of roundabouts and some are like maniacs when they get behind the wheel, so there is no room to make a mistake these days or for Dave to start learning at his age....they frighten the poo out of me going too fast and too close to another vehicle on the way to the airport, and if you don't burn the tyres away when the lights go green, they have no patience and all start honking their horns.

Sometimes you sit and look back and think, when we were younger we never had the time, opportunity or the money to just fly to Spain and drive to where ever the road may take us, and now we have the time & money, we don't have the mental alertness to do something which needs a lot of concentration and confidence.
Such is life, but we should always count our blessings because we've had some good Spanish friends both on the Costa del Sol and the Costa Blanca, who have taken us out in their car to places that we would have otherwise never seen.

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2011-10-10 17:15:48
Excellent blog Sanji. Thank you for letting us all be a part of your holidays :)

Cannot wait now until we return again in February 2010 :tup
Debbie wrote:

Cannot wait now until we return again in February 2010 :tup

Debbie, I think you meant 2012. :wink
I've now uploaded part one of the Romeria de San Miguel video...part two will follow ASAP.
There was a lot of footage to edit down, so I've split it into the pilgrimage/carts and the tractor drawn floats, and when you're editing down nearly an hour's footage into minutes, it's inevitable that you have to make a decision to cut out bits that you'd like to leave in, which shows people following the carts, singing, dancing in the street and having a jolly good time....and that's before they got to the pine woods (Pinares de los Manantiales)! :smile:

Hope you enjoy the video.
http://www.holidaytruths.tv/media/2953/Romeria_de_San_Miguel,_2011._Part_1/

Sanji x
I've now uploaded part 2 of the Romería de San Miguel video and I'll adjust my webpage to include the videos in a hyperlink.

http://www.holidaytruths.tv/media/2955/Romeria_de_San_Miguel,_2011._Part_2/

Sanji
PS: Thanks to everyone who has left a comment in here and on my webpage.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.