Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
That's dreadful.

Have you asked your phone company for proof of the calls you made - that should help you no end.
Thats dreadful.

Their telephone contact line repsonse time is appalling. I did actually get through to them last week and said to the guy that I should be able to claim the cost of the telephone calls back. His response was you know it's a premium line phone number before you call it so they wont refund costs. :que Still at least I managed to get through in the end and sort my problem.

Did they not give you the option of going into one of the Thomas Cook travel agencies to pay. Not 100% certain, but I think that was given as an option for me. Although I appreciate it's not much use if you dont live near one.
Having had a similar problem, if I cannot get through to the payment dept I ring the booking phone number and they then will take the money. Sorry not being very helpful, customer services are discusting these days not one of them that I have had the misfortune to call have been any use.
Cannot believe it but have this afternoon resolved the matter.....
I sent an e mail to their CEO and expected to get nowhere, this afternoon I came home to find a message on my BT 1571 service with a number to call back to.

I returned the phone call to their Glasgow office and the parent company (Thomas Cook) have admitted that their automated phone payment service is faulty and that the computer fails to recognise any names, they are changing the system later this month and have ensured that my original booking to Green Golf Bungalows is re-instated, have waved the online credit card booking charge, and have offered me free parking at Exeter airport as way of apology.

Happy days
Good result, and thankyou for letting us know. Linda.
Really glad you got a result. Thanks for letting us know. :tup
That's excellent news and a nice gesture by Thos Cook for the free parking.

I don't know why they can't sort out payment of balances on-line.
We've booked with Olympic Holidays quite a few times and they offer this option, it's quick and easy (and don't cost the earth).
a happy end and nice gesture with the free car parking. :)
What a good result well done. :wave:
wouldn't mind that e.mail address myself .pm me with it if you want.
How nice to see a company who admits its mistakes, rectifies them and says sorry to the customer. Good result, well done.
I have a simialr problem..Booked my holiday to Cyprus with Airtours(now Thomas cook own it)..had to pay the balance by wed 11th june..paid it using there automative sevice..cause could not get through to them at all on the phone..was on hold for ages!! so they reconised my booking reference..and they told me how much to pay..so did all this on friday 6th june..thomas cooik took my money out of my bank on tue 10th june..got no email or anything to say thank you for the payment..so rang them up (Air tours number) on friday 13th..nope, they have not received any payment from me, according to them I still have an out standing balance to pay!! not too happy!! had to email them my bank statement showing them they have allready taken my money out!! Have to wait till tomo to see what they have done! asked them if we will get penilised for paying the payment late(according to there sysytem!!) she said no..but if they dont receive my payment we could lose the holiday :yikes ..just dosent make sense!!!
Fingers crossed..that all turns out well tomo..so goes to show..Thomas Cook have not improved there automative system!! will never ever pay for a holiday this way again...
Tracey...
Im having same problem as above, paid money to my holiday using the automated payment line yesterday, money took from my account , but nothing came off the balance of my holiday .I called them today and there is nothing on my booking in regards to this payment. Looks like another argument with them this week.
Probably needs a day to update on the system. Check again Monday or Tuesday.
Im hoping thats the case, i had noted the payment reference number it gives at end of call , so hopefully it shouldnt be too hard to find if there are any problems.
last year tc tried to charge me twice for the holiday, I Just popped down to HSBC who looked on their computer, found the error & said to me "well that's obviously wrong", cancelled it from processing and I Heard nothing else. Lucky I guess.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.