Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
natal brazil
117 Posts
Hi Woodward - I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Rifoles Praia as my husband and I are going out there for 3 weeks on 2 Jan 07. I am really confused about what currency to take with us, all sorts have been mentioned to us - reals, US dollars, US travellers cheques and I have also read on a web site to just take a debit card and use the ATM's at the airport and Banks. You mentioned that the best rate was the pound so would you recommend just taking British Pounds?
Kind regards
Mariaann
hi mairian we found no trouble at all changing the english pound in the exchange at praia shopping all and we got 3.94 reals as to 3.6 reals in england we also took dollar currency as an alternative but as many visitors are portugeese the euro is also widely available
Woodward
as this is likely to be a popular hotel it would be great if you could review it for us here. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. I've been twice to Rio but maybe next time we will try Natal or Bahia.
went for two weeks and arrived back last week . hotel was in a good position only 10 mins from shopping mal and even nearer to one or two excellent eating establishments. rooms were very good clean and fresh towels every day. one fault were we were was the balcony was very small and not very useful. breakfast was excellent and when we had the evening meal it was also first class but a little more expensive than outside.evening entertainment was just a singer up to 10 oclock. the bar and restruant staff were very very good and loved to try and converse with us and liked very much when we played jokes on them e.g. shocking pen and electric lighter which we left with them so watch out.sunbathing area and pool were spot on and staff looked after you well . entertaqin ment outside and in the pool was a bit repetative and was not announced in english and we gave them 4 cd s to play for a change it did not happen for some reason . at a hotel such as this everybody should be entertained. lits to the pool area but steep steps down to the beach but a great beach and worth it. overall a very good hotel just need tuning in to holiday makers and if you can get a high floor away from the noise and hub of the general funning of the hotel
Hello.

We are looking at going to Brazil (really like the look of the Iberostar Bahia) in April. Just wondering whether anyone can recommend a company to book with?

We found it on Thomas Cok, but I don't want to go with MyTravel. :(

I would be really grateful for any help with this. :)

Thanks in advance,

Sunaholic.
First Choice do this hotel but not before May 5th apparently ,
looks v nice and some good reviews on trip advisor etc
We are looking to go End of May/begining of June

Thomas Cok :D & My Travel both go in April But using My travel flights which I agree with you & would avoid like the plague
April is a great time to go. Why not combine it with Rio and go diy? There are loads of internal flights from Rio to Salvador.
Why not combine it with Rio and go diy?

Wouldn't that cost a lot?

Also, I'm not sure I'd know where to start :?

I'll have a look though because we would really like to go!!

Thanks,

Sunaholic.
TBH I think you will find it cheaper! Go to Expedia and check out Rio-Salvador flights. You will definitely find you will pay less for hotels and they charge by the room and not by person. Rio is a great beach holiday on its own. The locals live their lives on the beach. Fabulous restaurants and very cheap. Plenty excursions to do.
Thanks.

Well I've had a look and I found Manchester - Rio, but the cheapest I could find was £722pp and then I couldn't find Rio-Salvador flights on that day. Also, I couldn't find an AI hotel in that area through Expedia. :(

I get the feeling I'm fighting a losing battle.

Thanks for your help though, and I'll keep trying!!

Sunaholic.

First Choice do this hotel but not before May 5th apparently
I find this very puzzling when companies only offer Brazil during their winter. November to April would be the best time to go to Brazil. We went in October and some of the days then were not good-in fact pretty dull and raining.
I find this very puzzling when companies only offer Brazil during their winter

I know. It is very annoying!! :evil:

Having spoken to someone at Thomson I have found that they go, but have only got 3* hotels available for our dates and we would only really consider 4+.

Oh well I'll keep trying!

Sunaholic.
We are thinking about going the end of Feb whats the weather like then and where is it best to go without being over crowded ?
Just heard Thomas Cook,Airtours and First Choice have pulled out of Brazil for Winter 2007/8.
want to go there in the summer of 2008 with my missus and 2 kids any reccomendations
Thomson and portland are doing this winter 2007/8 from Gatwick only.Still no news from Thomas Cook.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.