Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
here they are!. They are in the upload albmu until Allmen moves them to the OD folder. Room looks good!

When they are moved here is the Brazil album. At the moment it only has my Rio photos in it- will be nice to get some more added!!
Thanks Fiona just hope they are of the Iberostar Bahia not a sister but even if they are the Bahia should be good the chain has a very good reputation
Lets get the ball rolling. Who is booked to go to the Hotel Iberstar Bahia and when? We are due to go on October 14th flying First Choice from Gatwick. Anyone else going then? :fly
Hiya Chaffesbird

Guess what thats when we are going on saturday 14th oct from Gatwick!!!!

Nessa
Hi all just been on the Iberostar web site and you can actually book the Bahia from 1st June :wow :tup :tup looks promising :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper getting excited now
Hi all just recieved this reply from Joyce Knopp at Iberostar

Thank you for contacting Iberostar !

We are not taking reservations before June, once we already are overbooked on this period.

Our best regards,

Hope it doesn't worry anyone to much but better to know upfront think it might be an idea to contact travel agent if you are going in May
We were booked into this hotel with Firstchoice for Aug 06. We have now amended our booking and are going to Dom Rep.
The hotel should have been finished at Xmas 05 but has had one delay after another.

We felt there would be too many teething problems and so played it safe and changed to a hotel that gets fantastic reviews.
Part of your holiday is looking forward to it, and this was becoming more of a worry than a treat.

I will be interested to see the reviews when the hotel is finally up and running. I hope it will be nice.
hey see you in the second week my wife and i just booked to go on 20th oct and looking forward to it anyone else going or know more about the resort :rofl
If you go onto the Iberostar board they now have a section on the Bahia. You will find it in the forum section after Cozemul. The site you want is http://www.iberostar-board.com Anyone else going in October?
Hi we will be there on 2nd June so will post when we get back let you all know what to expect and OUR verdict
Waiting in my local take away on saturday and noticed in the sun newspaper a review on natal which made good reading but i have to say the reporter was staying in a five star hotel and in hindsight if we had done this then i reckon my review would have been more favourable. 8) :wink:
:?hi myself and my husband are due to travel to the iberostar praia do forte on the 5th of May I am getting a little worried, does anybody know if this hotel has opened yet?
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
If you go to http://www.iberostar.com they have some new photos of the hotel.
Hi Pat and Andy here
Only 17 days to go now. Role on May the 5th, We hope everyone will be in a good holiday spirit and ready to enjoy a well earned holiday, it will be a fantastic holiday
We will see u all in the bar in 17 days
jubileepat :glynis :glynis :sun :sun :fly
we are going to iberostar bahia on the 14 oct from gatwick as well , family of 4 from dover kent. :lol:
So are we. Travelling from near Sittingbourne on 14th October. See you at Gatwick.
well I'm looking forward to hearing the reviews of the hotel.
Getting a bit concerned with messages read on other sites

Worried a bit about the work that will be going on at the hotel while we are there (we go on 5 May). The idea of workers with "hand tools" working Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm and the fact there will be cranes on site until July does sound a bit worrying.

My concern about them altering our return flight to go via Manchester and adding 3 hours to our flight isn't my main concern now.

But I will (try to) remain positive and am keeping fingers crossed

Mark :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.