Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
iberostar brazil
117 Posts
great to here all is well with the new hotel and destination. Have you tried a caprinha yet??
HELLO,
thanks Smudger2 for your review, glad to hear your having a nice time. It sounds FAB!!
I am i Travel Agent and im booked to travel to the iberostar Bahia on the 2nd june from manchester. Is anyone else going on this date?
I have spoke to our accommodation help line and they have advised me that there is still building work on the property but it will be minimal in june as it is due to be finished in july.
Seen a few pics on various internet sites now and it looks really nice, lets hope its as good as it looks!
Had my yellow fever injection a couple of days ago, have you :P all had yours?
:P
We are going to the iberostar in Bahia on 2nd of june from Manchester, cant wait :lol: :lol: :lol: but we have been slightly worried about the building work that is taking place there.

We have been assured by first choice that this should not bother us, and that all facillities in the brosure will be finished, they say the only things that could be affected are the activity pool and the beachfront restaurant, how these will be affected we dont know.

Does anyone have any information about the hotel itself and what its like?

Also we were wondering if anyone knows what the weather is like at the moment, hope its nice and hot and sunny.

3 weeks to go, Cant wait :D :lol: :lol: :shock: :o 8)
welcome to HT Kelly and daz!
HI KELLY AND DAZ,
I think the weather should be ok at the time we go, there summer and winter are the opposite way round to ours - hope that makes sense. So when we go its really the start of their winter. It will still be quite hot tho, but might rain abit at night. Are you flying from manchester?
Getting really excited now because its only just over two weeks off!! :roll:
Hi there,

Yeah we fly from manchester on the 2nd June....Cant wait... :D :D :D
We just hope it will be hot...

We have heard a bit about the hotel not being completed on time, Do you have any information regardsing this?

Did you also have to have a number of injections?
Hi,
:P We Were advised by our docs to have yellow fever injections, so we did at £45 quid a shot. They told us that there can be bad side effects like head aches and stuff, lucky we didnt have any. They also reccommend that you have Diphtheria, Hep A, and tentanus - but most of these depend on what you have already had. Also to take malaria tablets.
Had some info through saying that there were 3 cranes onsite in april, wether they are still there or not im not sure. From what ive herd the complex its self is so massive that if there is still building work going on you probably wont notice it. :lol:
What currency are you taking?
I dont know wether to take us dollars or brazilian reals.
we used reals but dollars would be easy to exchange.
We are going to order some Reals, as we have heard that it can be a bit of a pain to change other currency.

Does anyone no if there are trips avalible to go to Rio and other places from the hotel, as we would love to go to rio.

We have some malaria tablets to start taking, not looking forward to taking them at all, we had the yellow fever injection at £40, and i (Kelly) had some flu like symptons and was sick a couple of times, but i was ok after about a week.
:roll: :lol: :D
looks like we got ripped off a fiver each on the yellow fever injections.
We are going to take brazilian reals aswell, just got to decide how much.
Not sure how much the rio trips cost but im looking forward to visiting the Tamar project (turtle preservation) down the beach from the hotel. Do you know what time of year the baby turtles are in season?
What malaria tablets have you been reccommended? Ive herd there are a few choices when it comes to them.

:wink:
We got our Malaria tablets from Tescos, alot of them you have to pay your doctor £10 to write you a private prescription and then you still have to pay for the tablets.
The ones that we got were £15 each we have to take them for 7 weeks, but it is better than paying £60, i will get the name of them and let you no what they are called, you have to take 2 every day of the one kind and then once a week, you have to take 2 of the other kind with them. We had a nightmare trying to get the tablets no one seemed to no what we needed, so in the end we called the travellers health line and they sent us all the info we needed, the number for them is 09065501402 and they send it next day to your house, but i will get the name of ours and put it on tomorrow.

Sorry i dont no what time of year the baby turtles hatch, but it will be wicked if it is when we are there. :wave :smokin :fly :glynis :zip
Also what time is your flight from Manchester on june 2nd?
The name of the Malaria tablets we got are Paludrine and Avloclor, from Tescos pharmacy,and you dont have to get a prescription from the doctors to get them
:lol: :lol: :o :roll:
Thanks alot for that kelly and daz, cant believe its only 2weeks on friday.
You'll have to look out for a couple called Sam and Al (thats us) and we'll have a drink.
:glynis
I no we cant wait, will see you there. :wave
We will look out for you. :glynis
We went and ordered are Brazilian Reals last night, we were really excited then.
Hi, 4 of us going on 2nd September from Heathrow :fly
Any one know what weather is like then? :pele
Has any one been there Yet, if so what is the update on building work going on?

Very interested in spending a day or 2 in Rio. any one know if this is feasable? do 1st choice offer any trips like this?

All replies very much appreciated.

Terry & Martine :?
We are hoping to go on a trip to Rio too, so will let you no if we are able to do this.

Sorry dont no what the weather will be like in September.

11 DAYS TO GO.. :wave :lol: :roll:
HI KELLY AND DAZ,
Just thought i would let you know were to go on the web that shows you loads of pics of our hotel.
http://www.imagebank.iberostar.com and register yourself (it says register your business, just make one up) and it gives you access to loads of info and photos on the hotel. IT LOOKS ACE!!!
So excited now!!!

:yipee
Hi Yoda

Thanks for that, it looks really really nice.

Have you picked up your tickets yet, we did yesterday so we are mega excited now.

Did you manage to get hold of some Malaria tablets, we are going to start taking ours on Wednesday(NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT AT ALL)

I really cant wait to go now, see you in 11 days.
:sun :fly
Hi Yoda.

Thanks SOooooo Much for the link for the photos.
It all looks fantastic, Can't wait untill September.
Have stated in Iberostar Tahinos, in Cuba. The service is
1st Rate.
Thanks Again

Terry & Martine :kiss
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.