Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Nessa

Just come across ypur posting. Going to the Iberostar Bahia too. October 14th from Gatwick
Thanks for all info, can't wait for reviews
Just phoned Portland direct for winter 06 to be told no flights from Manchester to Brazil - what a bummer
Hi Pat and Andy here
Have you tried eclipse direct on the internet they fly from Manchester , we are going with them in May to the new Iberostar Bahia if they ever finish building it .It was due to open at xmas now it has changed to March .
jubileepat 8) 8)
Thanks Pat & andy, will have a look
Hi Fiona
Pat and Andy here glad you had a good time we have had a reply from Iberostar Bahia it opens on the 12th April 2006 Just need your need your advise on visas do we get them in the uk or at the airport thanks
jubileepat 8)
Im sure you dont need visas for brazil. :wink: if you are a uk citizien.
no we didn't need a visa.
I am not being pedantic but I thought that the Iberostar Bahia was opening on the 10th April with the first 400 rooms open. The remaining 200 rooms are scheduled to be ready by the end of June. At least that is the information I have been given.
No......

As has been said - Uk citizens (in fact most Europeans) dont need a visa prior to travel. (Brazil operates a reciprocal policy regarding entry - mirroring the travellers own country).

What you will have to do though, usually during the last hour or so of your flight, is complete a simple form before landing.

You will then have to give this form along with your pasport , to immigration...

They will retain the top copy and give you the bottom bit, and 99% of the time will stamp your passport with a 90 day stay(visa stamp)......

You will need to keep this bottom copy safe and produce it at check in upon departure......This is important, because the Federal Police will have a record of you leaving the country......

Regards, Alan, Recife....
Ah... the Federal Police. The first time we went they were on a "go slow" and taking ages to check everyones forms. It was chaotic in the airport. As soon as everyone got through they had to run to their planes!
Thanks for the info merlin. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Anyone booked to go to Natal next summer with Portland as all holidays have been cancelled for next year including mine. :cry:
What reason did they give for cancelling your holiday? We are due to go to the Iberostar Bahia in October but not with Portland. Our only concern, at the moment, is whether or not the hotel will be ready. It is now due to open in April 2006 instead of November 2005. Has Thomsons cancelled Natal holidays as well?
They have cancelled all summer 2006 holidays to Natal,they say not enough demand,We were due to go in October 2006.They have offered a free transfer to another holiday or rebook to Natal in their Winter 2006/2007 brochure with an extra £75 each person discount.We are unsure what to do at the moment.
oh dear- not good news sbt. Have you tried other companies? let us know how you get on.
Try Eclipse - the direct arm of First Choice. That is who we booked with to go to Brazil. How can Portland cancel 10 months before your holiday saying that not enough people have booked? Maybe we will see you at the Iberostar Bahia in October. :wave
Hi Pat and Andy here
We are getting a bit worried about our holiday to the new iberostar bahia on the 5th of may.we hope it is not going to be a building site and that the facilities are up and running .
jubileepat :?
Jubileepat. If you go to the Iberostar board you may be able to get more information on the Iberostar Bahia.
:glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.