Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Banana is a fantastic beach, the best on the island for watching the sunset. As you enter the beach to the left there is a secluded area in between some rocks, you tend to get naturist families there, or you can travel a little further in the other direction for little banana for a bit more. I have only been early and late summer though so dont know how it is in busy times.

As for getting there, bus, boat or rent a scooter all easy really i had a scooter last year and we went right down to the beach, path down is a little uneven but hey, this is Greece, and you soon get used to it.

If you want to know any more just ask, or go to http://www.sunnybanana.com
Thanks for that Sallybear

:wink:
Take the bus to the end of the line and walk up over the hill. I must admit that I wasn't too impressed with Big Banana. Take plenty snap and water with you. Troulos is great for relaxation, and there are plenty of great eating places.

Parky
Hi,

We have stayed in Troulos for the last couple of years, especially as it is easy to get to Banana Beach.
The bus service is excellent, runs every 20 mins or so and costs just over 1euro. You get off at the terminus in Koukanaries, the beach is sign posted. It is a bit of a hike, up a fairly steep hill and will take about 10 - 15 minutes to get there on foot
It is easier if you hire a car or scooter as you can now park right behind the beach. But if you don't want to go to the expense of hiring a vehicle every day then as I say the bus service is excellent. Plus, if I am lying on a beach all day, I don't mind a bit of exercise to get there and back again.

We have only been in early August, the wife is a teacher, and have always gone over to little banana, which is totally naturist. It is also quiet, no music is belted out from the taverna.
Troulos has a number of decent taverna's, Nectar & Ambrosia and the Troulos Bay Hotel are particular favourites.
Let me know if you want any other info.
I'm sure you will enjoy both Troulos and banana beach and join the many number of people that return year after year.
Thanks for your post. I am pleased that we have decided to holiday in Skiathos and believe we have made a good choice of resort with Trolous. :D
Just thought of something else, be careful on the return journey to Troulos, during busy times the buses get absolutely packed as everyone leaves the beach. Between about 4:00pm and just after sunset you are likely to be packed on like sardines, a bit of a giggle really, but if you don't like that sort of thing I suggest you avoid this time of day. If it is a problem, suggest you have a stroll along the road to a bar in Koukanaries and have a drink or two until it eases off a bit.
Also heard that it is worth staying on the beach to watch the sunset. We have never got around to staying that long but perhaps this year ?.

A trip into Skiathos town is also a must, the taverna's around the harbour tend to be expensive, but there is a wide choice further into town that are reasonably priced. Two particular favourites are Asprolithos, go up Papadiamanti St. (the main pedestrian walkway away from the harbour) and take a right turn just before the school, go about 200 yards and it is on the right hand side. This place was recently voted the best restaurant on the island and is by no means expensive. Also recommend the Bombay Garden which is on Evangelistrias street, up Papadiamanti St and off to the right. We wouldn't usually dream of going for an Indian meal when on holiday but some friends insisted and it is excellent.

And finally, the toilet facilities on little Banana are non-existent and on big Banana they are not very good either.

Have a good time.
Hi myrada

Take a look at Captain Barefoots site for info on naturist beaches on Skiathos. It also covers loads of other islands. http://www.barefoot.info/sporades/skiathos.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.