Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Whilst I can understand that you are upset about this matter I have booked a flight to Australia with Emirates but know that should I need to cancel I would need to make a claim on my holiday insurance if the reason was covered by that insurance
I could have booked a flight at a higher price that would have covered me but I chose not to so I just have to take my chances
I would not book with a 3rd Party as you have done but choose to always book via the Airline At least then if there is any problem I can deal directly with them
2 weeks ago there was a case I read on Trip Advisor Air Forum The people including the MIL were booked I think on a flight to ? Florida The MIL was diagnosed with cancer with a 3-6 month prognosis
They could not get the flight cancelled and a refund and their insurance would not cover them for it In the end the wrote to the CEO of Virgin and the 3rd Party about the matter They were given a refund but had to send proof from the Consultant This was really a good will gesture and I am sure it was unusual As you have decided for a particular reason to cancel I don't think other than your travel insurance you will get a refund The tax yes but other than that I don't think you will be successful I think even if it was the Airline that you would be any more successful Sorry If this is incorrect someone will no doubt point the error my ways

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.