General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Alison, we went S/C to St Kitts. Big mistake. If you think of the price of an English restaurant meal and double it you are almost there.
A/I every time now.

Parky
Thanks Parky, the holiday is expensive enough without having to pay a fortune out when we get there for meals and drinks. Do you find the hotels provide unlimited drinks - I'm thinking of the kids and with it being hot I am sure they will be very thirsty! Thanks for your reply. Alison :)
I've been all inclusive in Cuba and Mexico, both were great.
We went A/I to St Lucia.
The drinks were unlimited and the children think it`s great to go and get a drink from the bar without having to hand over any money!!
We've only done A/I in Greece and Turkey, not in the Windies, but found it great so long as you stick to the local stuff. Unless you go "Ultra A/I" you have to pay for brand name drinks.
Don't know about the Windies though.
Drinks, snacks and ice creams aren't any problem for kids - as much as they like.
just wanted to say that going all inclusive in the caribbean often makes life a lot easier, though in barbados you'll lots of cheap and very expensive places to eat.. if you go a/i after a while you may feel like you want/need to eat elsewhere, the gap has lots of lovely, cheap places for an alternative. heard the food at this hotel is very good though, also in the heart of things so going out at night for something different is just on your door step
I have been to 2 AIs in Barbados. Both had good food and were not full of drunk holiday makers!!! The third time I went I did do SC as I wanted more choice. Have you seen this site
http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cgi-bin/agnes.cgi?BarbadosAgnes+BarbadosAgnesHTML
You will find a lot of info there.
Barbados is a wonderful island!
Thanks for all your replies it's much appreciated and I'm now glad that we are going all inclusive, do they make you wear those wristbands? Alison :)
one hotel did & one didn't ....I wasn't keen on wearing one but you soon got used to it.
most all inclusive use wrist bands but remember set a standard of minimum 3*
we have been all inc since 1994 and would not go any other way now even more of a bonus when its 24 hr bars
derek
i have just returned from an all inclusive trip to barbados, we stayed at escape at the gap. To be completely honest with you all inclusive is not worth its while in barbados as there are many fantastic places to eat and drink and you do not want to eat every night in the hotel. Our hotel was rubbish!! there was only 2 resturants but may as well have been 1 because the better one of the 2 was only open on selected nights. Food good the first time you eat it but it repeated itself way 2 much! your hotel may be better n i hope it is but just take extra cash incase. That said barbados its self is amazing u will luv it!
AI
Alison, been to lots AI Spain, Greece, Turkey, Mexico(two different htls) we always go 4* lots different standards depending on the country, Mexico definatly highest standard. Had to wear wristbands or had credit style card to show.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.