Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I'd like to see that implemented here in Britain, when I smoked, I was driving along with a lit ciggy in me gob and suddenly I dropped it between my legs, panic struck in, didn't smoke in the car after that episode, frightening what could have happened if I was going too fast. :(
I'd like to see that implemented here in Britain, when I smoked,

Yes, thats a good idea, but it would be very difficult to 'police' and drivers will still smoke even if it was banned. I still see people using their mobile whilst driving, and that practice is 'supposed' to be illegal.
Hiya.
Yes it is illegal to eat, drink, smoke or use your phone whilst driving in Espana.
You can also be fined for throwing a cig butt out of the window too.
If you wear prescription spectacles...you must now carry a spare pair in the car when driving.
Other rules include having the triangle, vest etc.
I do have the full requirements somewhere on my computer at home...but sorry not here...not that I`m planning on driving around here anyway. :yikes
I love life too much :rofl
Last time I smoked when driving (years and years ago,) I threw the butt out of the window and it came back at me landing down my cleavage.....
Never smoked in the car since...I cant do 2 things at once. :rofl

besos xxx
sanji
It amazes me that people in our region are constantly been prosecuted for eating things such as sausage rolls, apples and such like whilst driving for not been in control of their vehicles but people seem to get away with using their mobile phones despite it been against the law. I'm sure that it won't be long before our money grabbing government cotton on to the new Spanish Law regarding smoking whilst driving and follow suit.

Sue :) :)
Oh Sanji, you've let the side down, I thought that it was only men who couldn't multi task. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Sue :) :)
I'm sure that it won't be long before our money grabbing government cotton on to the new Spanish Law regarding smoking whilst driving and follow suit

Yes SUE, I agree with you and I don't think it will be very long before smoking whilst driving DOES become illegal. But as I have previoulsy stated, how are they going to 'police' it and enforce it. Many drivers are STILL flouting the new mobile phone laws and are STILL using their mobile phones whilst driving.

The Police don't seem to care. at least that is my ascertion. Yes, the Government will soon cotton on, but it is going to be virtually impossible to enforce. Drivers who smoke, WILL still smoke whilst driving, its a forgone conclusion. No matter if it is illegal or not.
Just a reminder that this thread is only for discussion about new driving regulations in Spain.

Many thanks
David :wave
I don't think it's a matter of the police not caring. They are so overworked (particularly in our inner Cities)i that they don't have the time or resources to fully tackle this problem,as they would wish. Some changes are coming into force now, though,thank God! Let's see what happens.
I wonder what effect these new regulations are having on spanish drivers....especially the coach drivers. All of them seem to be smokers and they are always puffing away. Bet they are not too pleased.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.