Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Good news for those of us up here. Globespan are ok in my opinion and have used them probably about ten times in total. Apart from a 7 hour delay back from Malaga, haven't encountered any problems. Expect more than £99 though !!

Wilson ;)
Are Globespan and better or worse than other airlines for changing times/days of flights I've never used them before but am trempted by the edinburgh flight as we only live about a 20 minute drive away would want to go out in May though and am worried flight may get cancelled or changed so any advice on the past record would be helpful
We had flights booked from ABZ-ALC last Xmas, but they pulled out of the Winter programme from ABZ so we had to transfer the flight to EDI which is a 3-1/2 hour drive away.

luci :wave
luci HT Mod, Did you use a bike for your 3-1/2 hour journey, Where did you start your journey from as 3-1/2 hours seems far to long, Normally takes me 2 hours to drive from Aberdeen to Edinburgh.
I don't live in Aberdeen. I'm a bit further north. It can take 1/2 an hour just to get through Aberdeen. ;)

Next time go via Bucksburn/ Westhills/Peterculter/ Follow signs for Stonehaven and you miss all of Aberdeen.
That would be well out of our way and add another 1/2 hour onto the journey.

Anyway this is well off topic. :yikes
Saw this in the paper yesterday and it's great news for me - I live 11 miles south of Edinburgh. Flown with Globespan before and never had any problems - and anyway, the more airlines offering flights from Edinburgh to Turkey the better, as far as I'm concerned.
Well I lived in Cults, And If I went anywhere near the Town I would expect a wait also, I used that route for you as it is very easy as it's signposted well, And remember when you get to Stonehaven from Peterculter your 15 miles further south down the road than Aberdeen is, So Edinburgh is only 111 miles to go.
about time !!!!!!
There are not enough options for us JOCKS! when it comes to Turkiye.
Starting prices at £99 one way wont grab my attention though.( paid £156 return with Agean flights ) but in the longrun it might make the market more open.
The option for the Edinburgh flight is what grabs my attention!!!!. No more M8 to Glasgow for us!!

:cheers Gink
They are looking for £1400 for 2 adults and 2 kids from Aberdeen during the tattie holiday( October school break) for flights only. I could book with any tour operator for less with apartment and transfer.
the price quoted for 2 adults from edinburgh on 18th july 2009 was £798 for 2 weeks including accomodation and transfers, not bad but your not staying in the hilton.
I am constantly hearing rumours that globespan are going bust. I have flown with them twice and twice my flight has been changed and then delayed. Luckily I haven't had my flight cancelled which they seem to do alot! Thats my personal experience though of them, my aunt loves them and books her holidays with them every year!
Travelled with globespan many many times and never had a problem
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.