Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
new to greece
9 Posts
can't really say for sure about Ixia but in Faliraki a corona or bud will cost you from 4-6 euros depending where you are and a glass of wine from 2-10 depending on what the wine is,it's all pretty venue dependent to be honest but in general imported beers and wines are more expensive than in the UK but draught lager is usually 2-2.50e a pint,similar for a 500ml bottle of amstel or henineken,and mythos(much better than chem filled bud or corona)is around 3 euros a pint or 500ml bottle,i'm a lager drinker myself and find mythos the best of all both on draught and in bottles,corona is a waste of money!

we sell wine but it's extremely rare for anyone to ask for it so we only tend to have a common or garden greek white in the fridge and maybe one other like pino or something but as i say,very rarely do i get asked for it.

spirits vary,ask for a vodka and coke and you get cheap vodka but 2-4-1 for 4 euros,with triple measures in both,never order a double in greece,we dont use optics or anything like that so you'll just get charged double for the exact same drink. if you specify smirnoff,branded whisky/brandy etc you'll pay 5-7e but again it'll be at least a double. cocktails are generally 5 euros,2-4-1.

prices in ixia are probably the same but i never go there so cant say
for sure but the prices are pretty much the same all over greece,orfinidou street in rhodes town is a much better night out and colorado club is a very good venue for a couples night out,if you decide instead to visit the old town at night be prepared to pay high prices for drinks,imported beers can vary from 6-10 euros a bottle but it's worth it as it's an amazing place.
Thanks for the advice,but am really worried now as i only drink wine and hate retsina
greek wine is nice,worry not,rhodes makes some of the best wine in the country,retsina is a different type of wine altogether and i cant stand it either,but some of the wine on the island is lush.
Retsina is normally available to order Billiwizz but if you ask for white wine that's what you'll get. Even if you ask for house/barrel wine they'll often sell Emery which is produced on the island and decent stuff. Worry not as Samba says, i'm sure you'll be able to enjoy a glass or two, or... :cheers
Thanks guys really looking forward to the holiday now,any tips about the area ixia.
go up to the top of monte smith and see the rodos acropolis and then up to ancient ialysos and the cross at filerimos....go into rhodes for a night out on orfinidou street,end up in colorado....go to mandraki harbour and get a boat trip to lindos...the choices are endless,will you have a hire car?
No my partner craig will not drive abroad so we will be gettiing on public transport or taxi
i see,that's a big shame as most of the best sights don't have public transport to them,particularly the ones away from the coast,which in my opinion is where most if not all the best sights are to be found. driving on the island is easier than driving in the UK,most road signs are in english,there's very little traffic even in rhodes town,the roads are more or less all tarmac nowadays and relatively well maintained,there's hardly ever any poor weather conditions etc,i know people do manage on the bus etc but to go to the south of the island,up into the mountain villages or to the more remote sights would need a taxi,which will end up costing a small fortune,unless you go on the organised trips,if so i'd say avoid booking through your rep and give a local travel shop your custom instead,you'll get tyhe exact same trips only for maybe half the price.but be prepared to arrive at the sights when theyre at their busiest and have limited time at each. ask about the isis travel land rover safari,like the jeep safaris only MUCH better,english drivers,go to much better sights etc.
http://www.rhodessafari.com

theyre based in faliraki but pick you up from your hotel in the morning and deliver you again later on,and provide a snack stop etc,seriously the best day out on the island bar none in my opinion
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.