General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
welcome to the forum satch. :tup

Ive holidayed in lanzarote twice and really like it there. If you can give more info on where you want to fly from and whether your prefer a hotel or apartment and what board basis you prefer, it will help us give you more suitable suggestions for a destination.

Fuerteventura is also fab, it the first place my partner took me for a holiday together :cheers

lily :sun2
editied, i noticed you prefer all inclusive basis, :)
Yeah, i'd really like somthing all inclusive (i get free beer :D). We dont really mind on the sleeping arrangement as we will most likely be out and about most of the time. We just want a nice sunny place close to the beach and a town with things to do and see. Its the first time me and my missus have been away together and would be nice to have a perfect holiday.

We plan on going for 7 days, Leaving from any London airport. Lanzaroti looks nice and good prices, we also are considering Egypt. To be honest with you, anywhere nice and sunny in Europe with a beach a nice hotel and a town nearby with things to do is perfect. We arnt too fussy, so long as we dont have cockroaches crawling around our room like i did in a hotel in Australia :(.

Any particular details you might need to help us find out perfect holiday, im happy to respond. Thanks for the reply :D
Hi and welcome to HT!

When are you thinking of travelling as this will have a bearing on whether your budget will stretch to AI.

Be aware that many of the companies that advertise on Telextext holiday do not include baggage costs in their headline prices. Also they may say that their prices are not "live" and quote a higher price once you call them.

One company on Teletext, Bookable Holidays, quoted £60pp for adding hold baggage when it was only £18 if booked direct with the airline.

If you list the companies you have been looking at, we may have a topic about them on here.

luci :wave
satch.

I cant offer advice on booking with teletext as we have never used them. We have only booked a package holiday with the main tour operators ie thomas cook, thomson,first choice and airtours and recently for the first time i have booked with direct holidays (thomas cook sister company) for summer 2012.

I guess really what you need to tell us is what your requirements are that are a "must" for your perfect holiday. I.e hotel on the beach or in the thick of the night life or as far away as possible (we tend to look for quietier places ;) and we are youngish 30-40 :D When are you thinking of travelling?

I cant comment on eygpt have never been although many people i know have and love it plus it will be hot. If you could let us know the hotels you are considering someone may come along that has been an help you with any questions. Have you looked at the reivews on here on your possible hotel choices?

I can recommend a hotel in fuertevenura that we went to and was fab-Hotel jandia mar resort in jandia, fab food,good location fairly quiet, stunning beaches. Maybe have a look see what you think.

Lily.
welcome satch - at last, someone else who uses the Google Maps photos! Also try the ones on http://www.Bing.com - works the same as Google but when you click the wrongly titled London Street Maps tabs you get the option of Birds Eye view which usually lets you rotate the image and fly around the hotel to check it out from different angles!! But don't just use it for the hotels, it's been very useful in investigating dodgy travel agents and whether they are really based where they say they are, especially when you add in Streetview!
Well, we want somwhere hot, anywhere in Europe. Preferably near a beach and in/near a town so there is nightlife too. We'd also love some things to do in the daytime other than sunbathe, not too fussed on what it is, just somthing to entertain us. Most of the things I have looked at have been on Teletext holidays, but other suggestions would be great. Sorry if im being vague, just dont really know what else to say. As I mentioned budget for it all is around £1000 and just want a nice hotel and a nice sunny place :)
What time of year are you hoping to travel? I'm just wondering because £500pp for AI isn't that much if you're looking at school holiday times i.e. end of July and all August. I don't want you getting false hope.
We've holiday'd twice with teletext, and have thoroughly enjoyed both times. You have to be careful though as a lot of the times the pictures and some information are misleading. They show you pictures of "other hotels, pools" e.t.c making you think that's what your getting, but when you get there it isn't that at all. It happened to us, and when I phoned to complain they told me that a 3rd party was responsible for supplying their pictures, and there was a disclaimer at the bottom of the page stating this so nothing I could do. It turned out well as the hotels we stayed in were great anyway. Just make sure that whichever hotel you choose on teletext, have a look at it on other websites to ensure you know what your getting. Good luck in your search :tup
Would you consider Turkey?
The Turkish Lira is good against the pound at the moment and your spending money will go further than Euro countries.
There are some good AIs and also bad ones but if you find a hotel you like the look of ask on here before you book and someone will advise you.
Thomas Cook have good deals on their website and their travel shops usually match the price.
For the same holiday Thomson tend to be quite a bit dearer.
If you fancy Egypt I can recommend Hurghada.
Jay Trip wrote:
If you fancy Egypt I can recommend Hurghada.
Me too, we actually went here with teletext too :tup
Marlou,We got a great deal with Thomas Cook.
I saw it on their website and didnt think the shop would match the price but they did and we got it for £350 for 2 weeks at the Sindbad Aqua hotel.
Fabulous hotel and we hope to go back this November. :tup
I doubt we wont get it for that price again. :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.