Forum Announcements

Announcements on changes and amendments at holidaytruths forums.
Not sure if it is a site issue. I recently posted a hotel review - got a feeling I didn't include my name on the posting. It's now appeared with the name "Tom" at the heading.

Not really fussed about my name being missing - Is this just a default name for "anonymous" postings ?
Hi Scoop,

Can you point me at your review and I will go look at it.

Cheers

Chris
its not an issue but- I thought there were airline reviews?
They are on airlinereviews.co.uk Plans are to redesign that at some point to work and look like HT. Its at the bottom of the pile at the mo.

Chris
Chris wrote:
Hi Scoop,

Cheers

Chris

It was the Marina Panorama n Es Cna Ibiza.

As I commented Wasn't too bothered about not being named, Just queried where my "new" name came from :tup
I was "playing" with the buttons at the top of the page, and clicked on the members button, which didn't seem to do anything? Is it supposed to :)
Australia isn't listed in the holiday reviews section.
scoop wrote:
Chris wrote:
Hi Scoop,

Cheers

Chris

It was the Marina Panorama n Es Cna Ibiza.

As I commented Wasn't too bothered about not being named, Just queried where my "new" name came from :tup

I have fixed this issue!
I can still see Tom's name as the reviewer on the hotel Scoop's talking about. Unless the name was on the wrong review earlier :think

One of my reviews has appeared this morning :tup Only 5 to go :D
I was "playing" with the buttons at the top of the page, and clicked on the members button, which didn't seem to do anything? Is it supposed to

Clicking on the 'Members' link did actually work when the site first went live but now no longer works for me either. :que
I had noticed that, although we were seemingly getting a regular stream of new members all of a sudden, none of them seemed to be posting - good for the membership statistics, but not much use otherwise.
Sagres wrote:
I had noticed that, although we were seemingly getting a regular stream of new members all of a sudden, none of them seemed to be posting - good for the membership statistics, but not much use otherwise.

That's not unusual Geoff it's always been the same for some reason :que
I haven't received the usual e-mail notifications recently regarding a few posts which I have been following on the Tunisia forum, including a couple today. It may not always be important but, when Roo was asking about SIM cards, I didn't find her last post until it was too late, as I was going to offer to send her my SIM, fully charged and ready to go.

Regarding reviews, the fact that they are correctly attributed to the poster gives them much more weight as he or she is often known to others on here. Incidentally I find the present review site a complete nightmare and nothing like as straightforward as the old one was. In the past you could simply find the country, then all the hotels were shown with their area beside them and the latest reviews clearly marked. It is also utterly ridiculous to have English counties, and even towns, listed as countries. It seems that that in your desire for change you have thrown the baby out with the bath water.
Aslemma wrote:
I haven't received the usual e-mail notifications recently regarding a few posts which I have been following on the Tunisia forum, including a couple today.

Check your spam or junk folder. Notifications are now coming from "Help" and Gmail is marking them as spam and putting them straight in to the spam folder.

luci :wave
If you say so, Glynis, but, to be honest, I can't recall such a high regular influx of new members for a long, long, time and the percentage of non-posting new members still seems incredibly high to me. :que
No luci, I check my 'junk' folder all the time as it always tells me how many messages have been banished to there and I double check before deleting.

Regarding the Airlines Review, I did see that and posted a review of my last flight with BA but it never appeared and now that part of the site seems to have vanished. There were already quite a few reviews of various airlines on there. going back some time, which seemed very strange as to the best of my knowledge the old HT never had this and I didn't recognise the names of any of the reviewers, so I wondered where they had come from.
;) getting the notifications ok here straight into my Outlook too.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.