Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Yes the escalators were brilliant,especially after a few drinks....didn't fancy that climb up!!!
It was a shame the mess that was left though.
What about the prices they were charging in the bars for a pint :yikes . We managed to find a really small local bar that was selling at normal prices, so stayed there for a wee while before heading to the beach.
Pat
:glynis
We sold our beer at slightly less than the sponsors bars out in the square. Most bars increase prices to pay for the extra staff and to cover the cost of damages.

As for the mess, I was back down there at 11am and it had almost gone. A nice earner for some, double pay for holiday working I imagine, cleaners were working from 4am which is a recent innovation. In previous years it would have stayed there until 2nd January. 80,000 people in such a small area are bound to make a mess.

Now we wait until November to see who will feature in 2009 concert!
I didn't know you had a bar there, Cubsur. We were going to go to Floyd's but he told me he closed. If we had known, we could have come to you.
Pat
:glynis
I don't have a bar, I was roped in to work that night. Twenty years on the wrong side of the bar back in UK was enough to put me off doing it again on a permanent basis!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.