Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
new years eve
28 Posts
if you like a good steak try the after 7, we have always had super food there and will be visiting when we go back, they are opening a new restaurant called POSH in december but i cant recommend it until i have been.

also the marriot hotel buffet is superb!!!

keep watching this website and you wont go wrong!!
just thought id ad i for got to mention i was staying in calangute.

will look out for the after 7 thanks. does anybody think i should book in advance from home before new year incase the restaurants are booked up.
If your for parties gala night at fort Aguada looks good, if you have IE you might not be able to get Day Trippers site so I will put it in full

Join us for our famous night out at the 5 star TAJ FORT AGUADA BEACH RESORT.

When you can dine from a magnificent buffet fit for a king with full entertainment programme, accompanied by one of Goa's leading bands.

BOOKINGS TO BE MADE BY 11.00 a.m. ON THE DAY OF EVENT.

INCLUDES: All food, entertainment and return transport.

Per Person
£ 8.50

Alan
thanks alan, not sure if that kind of thing is for me but i will look into it further. buffet food isn't my thing but may go if it is close to my hotel for a couple of drinks!!!

i am staying in the osbourne resorts. i have herd mixed reviews about this place not being very secure, reports of theft! can anybody add to this?
Hi Ryan, Newyears eve is mad in calangute, the road to Baga is closed sometimes because of the amount of traffic, the price of taxis double, its easier to walk, everybody heads for the beach towards midnight, fireworks all along the beach, good fun, stay towards the back of the beach near a shack its safer and watch your belongings, paul.
paul, are the shacks open all night and do they have music or do you have to go to a nightclub for that type of scene?
Ryan,Most of The shacks will stay open as long as your still drinking.
Some do have live music,but most have just CDs.Its the fireworks
thats all along the beach from Baga to fort aguda :D at midnight , that makes the new year go with a BANG. :lol:
thanks sounds great. cant wait!

anybody been to any nightclubs i hear the hiltop and cubana are ok how late do these types of places stay open till. is there licencing laws like here? can you stay out all night?

i herd the traditional beach party scene in goa has been stopped by police but over xmas and new year they turn a blind eye to it all and the beach partys and raves of ald are allowed. am i talking nonscence?
best way of seeing the new year in , paddling in the Arabian sea and watching all the fireworks take off ab fab
Lyn
:D hiya we went to cubbana on new years eve and we got home at 6.45am it was o,kish then from there went straight to agonda beach to sleep on the beach!! it was heaven
went to a few raves whilst out there 1 at vagator which was o.kish we ended sat around the edge on a mat with the old women who make the sweet tea didnt stay long maggieomx
maggie you say you went to agonda beach looking on the map it looks miles away from calangute is it easy to get around? how long would it take in a taxi to get to agonda beach? is cubbana down south goa?

thanks!!!
Ryan,
Cubana is in North Goa - short taxi ride away from Calangute/Baga. You pay a cover charge then all drinks are free. They had lots of trouble with police etc last year but I'm told that they re-open tonight (if it doesn't rain apparently). Also In Baga you have Tito's and Mambo's clubs and /on the Rocks - opened last year and is very nice. Club Blue is another one located in Hotel Calypso. A bit further out you have Club West End. From what you have said I think Anjuna / Vagator might be more to your taste and YES, they usually do have a few parties going on over the festive period - How late they go on til depends on how much of a bribe the organisers pay!!!
Have Fun, GFF xxx
Head to Vagator ask for the 9 Bar and you will probably find out about any raves that are happening, The Hilltop usually has one but the last few years has seen a clampdown on how long they actually go on for (used to last 4 days). Vagator would probably suit you more for this type of scene, Anjuna has Paradiso which will also be packed out with people if you get really stuck for somewhere, be warned that there will be thousands of Indians from Mumbai getting very drunk and very annoying at times :wink:
thanks a lot, looks like im spoilt for choice!!! think ill just have a look at whats goin on when i get there and see where the night goes. looking forward to the fireworks though sounds great..

not sure about thousands of annoying indians, i appreciate i will be in india but it might freak me out a bit, im used to the ibiza and commercial dance scene, however i will defo give it a try if i can actually find a rave or beach party!!!

went to ko pangan in thailand a few new years ago to the full moon party there dont know if you have been but if i can find anything like that in goa it will be a very happy new year!!!
If rave is your type of party scene, the best spots are 9Bar (which closes at 10 pm, but open everyday) and The Hilltop Motel, both in little vagator. Last new years Hilltop was open from the 30th of dec to the 3rd of Jan and the party was on for 5 days continuous. Personally I would give Paradiso a miss as the crowds there get a little annoying. There would most definately be a beach party on new years, ask the taxi guys and they will take you. Last new years, the beach rave was up north at Keri beach and it was wicked, went on till the next evening. My advice would be to get to where you want to spend new years by 9:00 pm...after that the traffic's so crazy that you might just pop the bubbly on the road.
ryan - in terms of managing your expectations, you need to remember goa is india, so you shouldn't expect anything like what you would in ibiza or the uk in terms of 'nightlife' / clubs. some good advice already given on where to head, ie north.

in terms of music, trance is generally the order of the day in this part of the world - very little house music, though take some cds along and am sure the shack owners won't mind playing them if you're there during the day.

misterc.
Yeah you will be lucky to hear any Funky House (thank god) :twisted: maybe a few of the places mentioned in the last thread will play a small amount but Psy trance is the way forward for Goa at the big parties here`s a mix to download to give you some idea http://www.mixupload.com/index.php?act=mlite&CODE=playsong&s_id=9265

I think it`s great personally but my Mrs and maybe 90% of this forum would probably disagree :?
misterc, i do realise that im not in for ibiza style nights out and hope to find some authentic goan nightlife. for me its all about experiencing different atmospheres and cultures i do think that most tourist places such as goa, are now catering more for the western society and would like to find nightclubs which play indian trance but would also like to hear some familiar house music aswell. from what i can find out so far looks like im goimg to the right place.

as it happens im a dj and will be taking some music with me and hopefully get to play a set somewhere....
Ryan I will be playing at the 9 Bar in March (fingers crossed) I probably don`t need to tell you that it is all CDJ`s , some better equipment than others, A good place to try for a set of Funky house would probably be TITO`S in Baga ..... Good luck :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.