Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
June is in NZ winter so it depends a lot on which island she is going to. The South Island may be cold with some snow. North Island will be milder but not normally hot. It's some time since I visited the country but I did find prices cheaper than the UK.
Singapore will be hot and sticky , probably some showers.
I'm not familiar with the firm Go Touring, I see they are ABTA bonded so she should be OK.
thankyou she is sat here with me now. she is going to the north and south auckland foxes glacier shes not sure if this is right as shes just saying it from the top of her head shame she hasnt got the brochure with her.
I have just looked on the Go Touring website, I'm assuming the holiday is the 23days Magical New Zealand Tour. If so it looks like a good tour, the hotels all look like middle/tourist class and should be OK. I have stayed in Chateau on the Park in Christchurch and remember it being clean and comfortable. I have also stayed in the Peninsula/Excelsior in Singapore which again was clean and comfortable, though both are not luxurious. One of the things I liked the look of in the tour was that there aren't a lot of one night stays, quite a few two and three night ones which will give your mum more time to relax between the often long journeys.
The food in NZ is very similar to the UK, she will find all the familiar things on the menus.
I hope she enjoys her trip, New Zealand is a beautiful country, it's my favourite holiday destination, I hope to return there in the not too distant future.
thankyou very much judith thats lovily of you to look for my mom thankyou so much.yes it is the 23 day magical new zealand tour,she is really exited,hope you manage to get there again many thanks :tup my mom said arrrr what a lovily reply thank the lady for me.those computers are so clever she says :)
I echo what Judith said. New Zealand is a beautiful country and there is so much to see - I'd love to go again and am sure we will sometime. We also found meal prices reasonable - generally similar to the UK but a bit cheaper and tipping is not required - in fact it is discouraged. We had some excellent meals wherever we went. Some of the countryside looks similar to the UK - then you see the huge tree ferns, etc and realise you are somewhere very different. I'm not sure what the weather will be like in June, as it is winter - like the UK, you need to be prepared for all weather. We found iit very safe and the people very welcoming, I'm sure she will love it too.
Crowded House sang about Four Seasons in One Day, and that sums up New Zealand perfectly. We found it was quite possible to have rain on the West Coast of the South Island for example, yet over in Christchurch on the East, it was lovely and sunny. We did go in September though, which is obviously getting closer to Spring (if it isn't already). The North Island should be warmer though.

New Zealand is my favourite country in the world. We spent 3 weeks there campervanning in 2006 and every day was just a dream over there. Very little traffic, friendly locals, great food and some of the best scenery in the world.

In terms of meals cost, I actually found it cheaper than the UK.

It sounds like a fantastic trip your your Mum has planned, plus she gets the bonus of a few nights in Singapore as well!!!!
10/10 for go touring we did the 23 day tour in 2007 enjoyed it so much we went back in 2008 for a whole year on a working holiday the tour is very good winter best time to go.

You will be on a leopard coach very good and if your mum gets Bernie as the driver say hello for us he's a good friend of ours now.

hope she is doing the north island first!!! real sad when you leave the south island

recommaned she does the air safari flight in tekapo if the weather is good

mark and liz
I think Madge's mother is already in New Zealand, may be even on her way back now. Hopefully Madge will let us know how she got on. I would like to know what sort of weather she had as I have only been there during the summer months.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.