Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Anyone know if there is a photo booth at Newcastle airport? (I'm sure there used to be but I just can't remember seeing it lately.....)
Thanks.
There is a photo booth at Newcastle airport - downstairs near the BA check-in desks
Hi, getting lift to airport and wondering if they'll have to pay for parking while dropping us off, or do you have so long.
Thanks.
No you don't pay,you are allowed 10mins to drop off at Newcastle airport.We fly from there next Monday.

Diane :fly
Hi folks,
Going from Newcastle to Dalaman on Sunday 11th. Been six years since I last flew from Newcastle. Seem to remember printing out a floor plan of Newcastle terminal last time, but can't find anything this time round.
Does anyone know if a plan is available? If not, how easy is it to find the Servisair desk to collect tickets. Last minute holiday, so it is ticket on departure.

Cheers
Andy.
Kamari,

I don't think there is a floor plan available, but there's loads of info on NCL's website. I should imagine there'll be a desk in the check-in area where you pick your tickets up from, it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Darren
The desks are pretty easy to find.

I think Servisair are based in domestic departures, but I might be wrong.

Anyway, as you walk into the airport the check in desks are straigh opposite you (in both terminals)

Just turn left or right when you walk in and all the Agents and Holiday Companies have their desks along the wall opposite the check in desks

Enjoy your hols...and the new Newcastle airport. Its changed a hell of a lot in 6 years!
Cheers for the quick replies. Will send wife on scouting mission while I find the bar. :D :D

Andy.
Hi all, just wondering how much it is for short term car park, have a friend picking us up and wondering how much it will cost her to park up, is it an hourly rate.
Thanks in advance.
For a stay of 10 minutes it's a £1 in short stay/long stay

For a stay of 30 mins it's a £1 ss and £2 ls

For 60 mins it's £5 in ss and £4 in ls

For 90 mins its £8 and £5

2 hrs is £10 & £8

The airport really doesn't encourage visitor's anymore. Its visitors bar is hidden away down by the side of the BA Check In (obv there are 2 Costa Coffee's) but there's no viewing roof anymore

Word of caution, I dropped a friend of last week and the Premier Travel Inn had a member of staff checking the car park and Northumbria Police (based at the Airport) were checking the lay by's and grass verges outside (at one point the Council has installed 100foot kerbs!) and moving cars on.

10 minutes in and out is the best option or if you can be bothered, park at Callerton Parkway and get the Metro in. Much Much cheaper
Hi

Does anyone know of anywhere reasonably cheap to park my car for 2 weeks from 15th October near the airport or of any cheap hotels with parking near the airport. We fly at 07.10 so would need to be there for 5am and I can't decide whether to stay overnight or just book the car in and set off from home at 2am.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sarah
The cheapest we ever stayed in at Newcastle was the Brittania hotel on the airport. You can leave your car in the onsite car park and walk to the terminal. The downside is the rooms are a bit tired. Not up to the standard of a Travel Inn. If you just want cheap though, it might do.
We're only a stones throw from the airport so we leave the car at home, as do family & friends but that's no use to you so would probably say, off the top of my head trying Bellair (offsite parking), Travel Inn (just across the road), Britannia Hotel and possibly the Premier Lodge(not sure that they do the parking side of things tho').

Link for hotels:

http://www.newcastleinternational.co.uk/ContentPage.aspx?cat=269&contentcat=269

Link for Bellair (and others further down page inc Park & Fly & Callerton Parking):

http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/newcastle/newcastle-bellair-parking.html
Despite the short stay car park being something of a rip-off the airports own Long Stay is pretty reasonable. Its close enough to walk to the terminal as well.

The Travel-Inn car park isn't too secure looking, when compared to the others.
The Travel Inn now has barrier operation which is better than it was before.

The only downside with the likes of Travel Inn and the airport long stay car park (the latter moreso) is the fact that thieves can be on the look-out for cars as they are parked and then come back at a later time and take it. If it gets nicked I'm sure there will be signs up saying "We don't take responsibility" whereas with the secure parking places that's what you are paying them for.

Personally I'd always rather pay extra and secure park the car for peace of mind.
Sorry to be off topic slightly, but I've just noticed Aer Lingus are starting flights on the Newcastle-Dublin route again, about 8 years after they dropped it.

Whats the point of them going into direct competition with Ryanair?
Newcastle Airport has become the first regional UK airport outside of London to launch an airline wide check in system

After the success of the BA check ins, the airport has installed 10 check in systems, with KLM being the first airline to be added to the system with the other airlines being rolled out over the summer schedule

full story at the airports own website http://www.newcastleairport.com/General/News/cuss.htm
Thanks to everyone for the info. I have decided to drive through the night and have booked with Callerton airport £63 for the 2 weeks. So I am pleased.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sarah
Hi
We are travelling from Newcastle in September and usually stay and park at the Britannia Hotel.
However prices have risen dramatically over the last couple of years and we were wondering about the Travel Inn.
Has anyone used it?,
Is it within walking distance?
How does the parking work?
There seems to be two,(Newcastle Airport and Newcastle Airport South),do they both do parking and if so which is best???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.