UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Newquay
10 Posts
Hi Heppy

Took my girlfriend to Newquay in August 2006 and we also stayed on Fistral Beach, it was awesome. Funnily enough it was her birthday too and took her out for a fantastic meal at LEWENNICK LODGE which is not far from Fistral Beach. Also Jamie Oliver has a restaurant (FIFTEEN) In Watergate Bay, you can try to book online but when I tried to it was booked solidly for a year!! Good luck and have a great time in Newquay, we did.
Thanks for that, i'll look it up, i also tried Fifteen but fully booked.
Does anybody know a cottage that will sleep 5 with 2 loos around the Newquay (Cornwall) area?
Roma,

I think you are going to struggle as most smallish cottages only have 1 bathroom. http://www.holidayrentals.co.uk has a number of cottages but mostly it is the apartments that have 2 bathrooms etc. Some of them do look lovely though.

Gail
Thanks everyone for your help. After hours on the net, we've found what looks like a great place in Crantock. Looking forward to June and some sunshine.....! :sun2
Hi, me and my wife have booked to go to Newquay the first week in August because we want to see some of the Rip Curl Boardmasters surfing. We would also like to go see the Eden project but we don't drive and need to know how easy it is to get to it via bus, train or taxi ?

Can you think of any other places we should try to go to see for a day trip on our holidays ?

We've not been anywhere down south before.
it can be done by public transport [time tables not out yet] will take around 2hrs

Newquay - bus to St Austall then train to Par then bus to St Blazey Gate and a short walk thereafter during peak season there is also a coach direct

wiz
There is a regular bus service to Eden from Newquay - every hour i think - check out Edens website.
If you like gardens The Lost Gardens of Heligan are worth a visit. Get a bus to Mevagissey after visiting Eden - lovely little harbour (always busy tho!)
St Ives, Looe, Truro, Plymouth all worth a visit and accessible by bus/train - depends what sort of thing you like?
Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure we will have time to fit everything in. I think the trip down from where we live in Yorkshire by coach will shatter us out for the first day of our stay anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.