Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
news papers
11 Posts
I believe that a tabloid newspaper will cost about 4ytl, sunday paper about 5ytl, thats what I paid last year in Marmaris

Ron
Been a while since a bought a paper whilst in Turkey - Is it still the case you get them a day later?? ie you buy a paper tuesday - you will get mondays??

LA
We saw The Sun for sale, in Hisaronu last year, on the correct day. It is apparently printed in Istanbul. The wonder of computers! I think it was a couple of pounds. Handy to read the headlines each day you walk past the shop.
newspapers are quite dear in turkey ,you wont get the 15p mirror out there, good idea is to get friendly with other brits and take turns at buying and then pass it around ,saves a few bob,

bluepeterno1
Hi, at least here in Antalya you can buy THE TURKSIH DAILY NEWS paper but as for the cost cannot remember not too expensive though.
Turkish daily news is readily available in Icmeler but does not have the UK racing pages in it :wink:

The only option is to "borrow"the sun from Mustafa go straight to the racing pages asthe rest is not worth bothering about and then pass it back after you have made your selections.

For a read I wait until the next day and read a day old Mail or Mirror or any other paper available.

John
hi john ,can you bet horses in turkey

bluepeterno1
Dont buy your newspapers off anybody walking the beach,they will charge you an absolute fortune !!
You can have a bet as long as you bump into me :wink:

John
good to know john , going to belek in june , but will be in icmeler later on in the year , i have withdraweil symtoms when i am away from the bookies for two weeks.

bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.