Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Bobbie-hh

This is great !!! I've never done these sort of chat/exchange of views before on a website and it is as if I've acquired a whole new circle of friends. Thanks for the information re the boat. We are due to go 8 May for one week. I see from your postings that you are going in March so please take copious notes to give us the benefit of your experience (if that's ok with you).

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Regards
Jael
Hi Again Jael,
I am pleased you are managing to find some useful information about your holiday and the Emilio :P
In case you are interested I will list a couple of other places where I have found reports about the Emilio and helpful tips from others who have already travelled on her. Firstly try http://www.tripadvisor.wcco.com then look under Nile River Forum. There is quite a lot on there if you search for posts featuring the Emilio or for posts placed on there by Silkstone Lady .. she has put a couple of really detailed reports and answered a load of questions. Secondly if you google search Cruise Talk then go into Forums and alternative cruises. There is one thread titled Just back from My Nile Cruise ... scroll through it and Malcolm has done a report in response to my questions. Thirdly http://www.reviewcentre.com .. if you go into cruise reviews there are 6 short reviews of the Emilio along with several other cruise ships.
:wave
Have fun looking and if I think of anything else I will let you know 8)
Hi Bobbie

Thanks for the info on sites. I've been able to look at all but the tripadvisor site which is unavailable (don't know if it's just me or general).
I've also spent a fair amount of time reading the mozzie site. So many different remedies and as they all say 'what suits one may not suit another' so I guess we'll just have to take pot luck and hope for the best.

Best wishes :D
Jael
my wife and i will be first time egypt visitors and cruisers on the 3rd april.
we have a 7 day cruise on raii with longwoods and then 3 nights in cairo.some questions we already have answers to from postings wonder if anyone could give us further info..do you advise jabs for typhoid/hepatitis ,dress code for dinner casual or suited and booted..also same in hotel in cairo(meni house oberoi)..any good tips nobody has mentioned.
Has anyone been on this ship?.My friend is going on it in April,booked with a teletext company.I cant find any info anywhere regarding this boat.
Many questions. I did a search and the ship "Kontiki" was not found. Says it is 5star, hoping for someone's first hand experiences.

Smithsnian Journeys reviews also coming up blank everywhere I look. I am surprised as I just assumed it was a big name, good caliber.

Finally, weatherin mid Feb.? Going from Cairo all the way through to Abu Simbel, 5 night cruise and back to Cairo and Alexandria. I plan to bring a light jacket or two, is that enough?

Thanks much...10 more sleeps and I am on a jet!
Jay TRIP

There appears to be a few King Tut ships, I, II, III

I have found a little info and some pictures, and they look fabulous 5* boats.

Info HERE

Some pictures and info about 2/3 down the page HERE

Hope this is of some help
Graham 8)
Just over two weeks to go, and I'm planning what to take. Will I need beach (pool) towels? We are on the Nile Treaure, and I don't think it's particularly plush and I don't know what extras are provided. But if we don't need towels it's just one thing less to pack!
Graham,Thanks for those links.It looks quite impressive and I wish I was going,but I have tried for many many years to get my hubby on a cruise ship and with this latest accident in the Red sea,I havent got a chance.
hi everyone

My in laws are sailing on the MS royale "magic of the nile" cruise which they have booked through saga holidays. I have searched but cannot find any reviews on this site or any others about this ship does anyone know of it/been on it :?:

Also although they have cruised before they have never been to egypt/red sea area of the world their knowledge is mainly america and the carribean is there anything they should know about egypt/ the nile e.g any local scams or places to avoid :?:

all replies will be gratefully received :!: :D
Fatcodycat :wave

This may be a review of the boat your in-laws are on HERE

THISis the SAGA itinerary and information in case you haven't seen the details.

More boat information HERE

It all looks very nice

Graham 8)
thankyou kiltman-graham for the information :D

it does look good and the good review will put their minds at rest :!:
Hi folks - new to this I'm afraid but here goes!
has anyone been on a Nile cruise through the NileCruise 4 U company - 2 of their boats are King Tut (appropriate) and Rameses (bet that took a long time!)

Would love to hear from you
Cheers
HI
Anyone know where i can get a review about the MS Orchid cruise?
its operated by first choice. maybe a response by those who had been there
Thanks
shaarawim :wave

There are several post regarding the Ms Orchid on this post (if look back you will see several posting on pages 19 & 20)

The first reviews should start coming in soon once the first cruises have actually taken place

If you look back to the above pages you will get more info and pictures.

Graham 8)
Graham,
Thanks for your reply. i've seen those. i wanted to hear from someone had actually been onboard. i know for sure that the cruise started on Dec.05 Thanks anyway
We are going on the First Choice cruise on 13th March and were looking for any info. I did find this review by someone whohas been. Hoping it will be ok. Will write a report when we return. Link to review is http://www.realholidayreport.com/reports/reports.asp?id=406&hotel_name=Orchid
Julie
Shaarawim

Are you sure the cruises have started, as we have been told a couple of time by FC that they weren't starting until Feb / March :?:

Julie can you check your link as it doesn't work

Graham
Hi
What a fab site for finding out loads of facts.

My husband and I have just booked a Nile cruise for July. Reading through the many reviews I have become concerned that hardly anyone refers to children. We are taking our two teenagers and I am now a bit concerned that they will be the only ones on board.

Can anyone reasure.

Also we are booked on the Grand Sun and would really appreciate to hear if anyone has any info.

Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.