Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
i think this lot are also known as or trade as sunways holidays.
i have seen their coaches at dover;they are/were single deckers.
i wanted to book with them a few times, but could never get any satisfacory answer from them, nor on here, about the seat pitch on their coaches.
as i am a big lump, and i have travelled in ferris cattle class :duh , the seat pitch is very important to me and with no answer i would not book.
have a search/post on the costa brava forum for more details, as you may get a better response there.
I thought they might involve someone I know but now I've checked they don't. But in doing so I noticed what appears to be a bit of a "blast from the past" in getting around some Spanish rules. They have a section called Costa Brava Express (from £134) - don't get too excited about the price because I don't think they expect you to use the hotel! These "holidays" are clearly marked as seat only but with a 1 star room only hotel. It might sound suspicious but this is how easyjet started. International scheduled coach travel is still heavily regulated in some countries so they can't just run a service down to Barcelona - but if they include a hotel reservation it becomes an inclusive tour and they can run them without getting tangled up in Spanish law. Before EU flights were deregulated this is how the low cost operators got into Spain and Greece
Northern Holidays is definitely a blast from the past - I met my (now) husband on one of their coach holidays to Spain 19yrs ago :D

They were based in Middleton, Manchester when we travelled with them the 1st time. The second time, we actually booked with another company (it was the Brooke Tavern pub trip that went every year to Spain) but the company folded within a week of us travelling and Northern Holidays managed to get us all sorted. Everyone had to pay again though :( except for me and my friend as I'd paid by credit card so my funds were covered.

Now, me and my husband live in Sunny Cyprus and have been here since early March 2004 and will have been married 10yrs in November :whoops
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.