Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Lami,

Sorry to hear you wife is ill. I remember that you stayed at the Kalina Gardens in Sunny Beach.

There's quite a bit on the internet about Lyme Disease, and it appears that it is known to be in parts of Europe including Bulgaria. See HERE
and HERE

Hope she gets well soon and least she was in the right job to get it treated quickly. THIS is all about the treatment.

Peter
Hi Lami,

I hope that your wife makes a swift recovery.

Another tick-borne disease which effects some people each year in Bulgaria (mainly rural/agricultural areas) is Marseilles Fever/Boutonneuse Fever.

Baldur
thanks all for your concern
let you know how she gets on
Lami
I hope your wife recovers quickly. Thank you for taking the time to post a warning on the forum
I hate to alarm you, and pray that your wife gets a speedy recovery, but the dangers of ticks are far more worrying than you've portrayed. Infact when I received my injections I was warned about the dangers which can be fatal. We were told, as we werent spending time in the mountains, that the injection wasnt necessary.

I found this warning from 2004:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/vol10no8/04-0162.htm
"Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus (CCHFV) (genus Nairovirus, family Bunyaviridae) causes severe disease with a fatality rate as high as 30%. CCHFV is endemic in the Balkan Peninsula; a number of cases occur every year, sometimes in an epidemic form."

Tick Borne Encephalitis
http://www.mdtravelhealth.com/infectious/tick_borne_encephalitis.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.