Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
And inevitably push up prices , as there is less competition ?
they can't push up prices. They need to be encouraging foreign tourists. It would be a real shame if they introduce VOA for British folks and then the charter numbers are cut. Of course you don't have to use charters. I have never had the joy of landing at Dabolim on an international flight.
Think you will find that the reported restricted airport opening hours is referring to the proposed recarpeting of the runway that will effect all flights that do not normally arrive in the day time

Talks between the airlines and the Navy who operate the airport are still on going, the work if it does go ahead will cause massive problems for scheduled airlines like air India, Jet, Qatar and budget airlines as well as charter flights from most country's

Hundreds of flights that have already been sold will be effected if the airport closes at night, lets hope they sort something out soon or it will be a train or bus from Mumbai
:yikes
My next holiday is short enough as it is! You would think they would sort it out but then we are talking about Goa...
You do wonder sometimes, don't you? I remember reading not long ago about a holiday trade delegation from Goa touring Europe to sell Goa as a premium destination - no doubt a great jolly for all involved.

Then we read that the airport runway may be closed for most of the day during the season next year.

How will that affect flights? Not sure - just thought we'd scare you!

When will Visa on Arrival be introduced? - Erm, not sure yet but probably last minute and with great confusion.

Meanwhile we diminishing band of "conventional" visitors (don't you love how there's Russian tourists and "conventional" European ones!) must decide whether we're feeling lucky when booking flights. Can they land, how much to get into Goa will remain unanswered questions for a while, I fear.
that sums it all up so well Roma- unfortunately for us :(
Roma,

You have it right.

I feel sorry for anyone of the hundreds of business owners looking forward to next season.

Shack licences now cost a fortune and yet again for yet another season it seems that the Goan government and tourist industry conspire to kill the goose that has laid the golden egg for so many seasons.

How long will it be before they decide to pay profesionals to run a vitally important part of the Goan economy.

Do not hold your breath.
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but while I know Goa has year round flights arriving, but wouldn't it be less disruptive to have done this outside of the peak five / six months?
Cant do the runway in the monsoon I think.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.