Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
we've been to Goa before and got flights with Thomas cook for £500 for 2 of us WITH B&B .. we didnt like the hotel so we checked out and headed south, which we loved, hence why we were searching holiday as well as flight only as sometimes they are actually cheaper.
Flights with accommodation are sometimes cheaper as you say but that's because the tour ops can buy rooms in bulk at a pittance so can afford to take a small loss.

However, 3 weeks in Goa for less than £30 is definitely a no, no.... Having been to Goa before, I reckon you may also have been wondering what the catch was when you confirmed the booking.
Sometimes, taking a chance pays off - unfortunately this time, it didn't.

I also worked in the County Court for a number of years before working in Tour Ops.... I don't see that you have a very strong case. Had the tour operator not come back to you inside 12 hours or so, then possibly it may have held a bit more water but the fact it was spotted so fast makes be believe the costs to issue any County Court summons will very well be lost.

But, it will be very interesting to hear the outcome so please, do keep us posted with the CCJ's findings.
When you 'booked' the holiday, you also ticked a box that stated you had read and will adhere to the terms and conditions that the holiday firm impose. It states quite clearly that they are quite within their rights to cancel any booking for a holiday that they may have advertised at the incorrect price. You agreed to this, therefore your complaint will not be upheld in a court of law.

No one here is calling you a liar we just cannot believe that you honestly think that a holiday for less that £23 for two persons for 3 weeks in Goa can possibly be correct. You have been previously and paid £500 for 2 flights and B&B and you agreed that was a bargain! So how do you think £23 for 2 for 3 weeks was correct!!
I cant help get the feeling that some users on this site may actually be employed by holiday companies and come on here to "advise" against taking action against said company. Some users knew more about my booking than I had divulged. I have also looked into past posts and this seems to an ongoing trend. Interesting ??
What a silly statement. :yikes Who on here knew more than you divulged??

Why am I not surprised by such a statement though :( It's a typical response by people who didn't get the answers they wanted ie they didn't agree with you.

Just because some people have worked in travel, and know a bit about the industry, doesn't mean they are currently employed to post on forums to deter people from taking action against travel companies. :banghead:
No disrespect to Holiday Truths, but if companies employed people in such a capacity, they are plenty of other forums out there, that reach a far wider audience, and get far more complaints posted on them. I think they would be the ones the travel companies would target lol.
I did actually agree with some of the suggestions and have taken some of the advice on board but I am also entitled to an opinion and that is mine.
It's your type of post that got me thinking so I looked around at other posts and have found that some posters do constantly try to demoralise people by suggesting them to be "Silly" etc ... so you carry on knocking your head on that brick wall ...
I wont be asking for advice on here again...
You are perfectly entitled to your opinion - you aren't the first and you won't be the last to accuse members here if they advise complainers that they haven't a case, that they must obviously work for the travel company concerned. But it is posts like that that have resulted in many members here not bothering to reply to posts unless they can tell the OP what they want to hear.

When I first joined HT I used to try and help people by taking the time and effort to check out the relevant T&Cs etc and then where appropriate try to explain why on close reading of them that they stood little chance of getting the outcome they wanted. This is because unfortunately a great many complaints are going to get nowhere because whether wittingly or unwittingly, people will have agreed to T&Cs that mean that the TO/TA has covered their backs very effectively. But too often the only thanks I got was the accusation that I OBVIOUSLY worked for the company concerned or even downright abuse, so generally speaking I now don't bother .

I can see no information on here about your booking or complaint that you have not provided yourself and it's not the fault of members who have taken the time and trouble to reply to you, that you are unlikely to be successful in pursuing this complaint. If you decide to pursue this further and are successful in managing to get Thomas Cook to sell you such a grossly underpriced holiday, that is clearly to most of us here an obvious mistake, I am sure that many will be grateful if you would return here and provide details of how you managed it so that others can benefit in the future.

SM
irishwales wrote:
I cant help get the feeling that some users on this site may actually be employed by holiday companies and come on here to "advise" against taking action against said company. Some users knew more about my booking than I had divulged. I have also looked into past posts and this seems to an ongoing trend. Interesting ??

If you bother to check our profiles you will actually see that we are holiday makers that are trying to help out with knowledge gleaned over the years of posting and travelling and reading terms and conditions of the holidays we book for ourselves, so that we can pass it on to those who just click submit without bothering to do so.

We would have to go some to work for all the company's that are complained about. We would need a dozen jobs per person ! ! !
And there are also people who come on here who have found people to be very helpful.
People willing to give up their time to share their experiences / knowledge.
I agree with Irish that you probably have been hard done by and, maybe, the holiday company could have shown / given a goodwill gesture of some sort.
However, just because you didn't get your way ( or the answers / help you were hoping for ) i suggest you tone down the attitude.
After all, no one here said they are experts i the problem you had and if you feel so strongly about whats happened in here you don't have to remain a member.
I for one have found a lot of the answers people have given me to be very helpful and i appreciate the time people have taken, travel company workers or not.
:bow
:que

SM

:think Perhaps bowing down to acknowledge all the help and generally good sound factual advice (even if not necessarily what what was wanted to be heard) that has been given on the topic :tup

Or then again probably just some form of sarcasm :no
I dont know if any of you go on hotdealsuk, but there is a lady(i wont mention her name- but it would be easy to find if any one is interested) who posts cheap holidays that she has found that may be of interest to others. Not so long back she had found a cracking deal to tenerife 2 weeks all inclusive at a 5* star hotel for £117 per person - so she booked for the 4 of them, and posted the holiday online- two other people managed to book at the same price- then received a phone call asking for £3000 extra. To cut a long story short (and again if interested you can read the thread), she and the others were having none of it, and received a £500 voucher off their next holiday.

belly
Forgot to mention that was with thomas cook

belly
Yes but £117 per person to Tenerife is believable

whereas £23 for TWO people for THREE weeks in CUBA isn't.!
Or Goa for that matter which is what the OP thought that she had booked ;)

SM
denny.53 wrote:
Yes but £117 per person to Tenerife is believable

whereas £23 for TWO people for THREE weeks in CUBA isn't.!

Is £117 per person believable ? Really ???? For 2 weeks AI at a 5* That £8.36 per day , not even taking into account the flight , what would you get for that ? A loaf a bread and bottle of lambrini , not really an expectation of 5* AI

Obviously it wasn't true either , as the post from Bellybally unravels the story , but the point was that it Thomas Cook , obviously mis pricing and annoying people ( because they are not updating the obvious mistake quickly )

At what point though does something become a believable price ? Seems a bit harsh to criticise the OP for believing £23 for 2 for 3 weeks , which is ridiculous but then finding the Tenerife price believable .
£117 is believable because I have been to Belek in Turkey for £127 for 2 weeks 5* AI and that wasnt a misprint or mistake!!! with Thomas Cook too !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.