Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi,

We stayed in PDLA last October (21st-28th) and the weather was fantastic. Hot sunshine every day! We had a 15,14 and 9 year old and they loved it. It was a budget hol for us, last minute and we stayed at The Columbus hotel which was nice enough for what we paid (cheap lol) We loved Las Vistas beach which is Los Cristianas albeit the PDLA side. The nicest beaches are that side IMO - if you stayed at The Parque Santiago you would just follow the coast around to the left for the beautiful beaches or to the right for the livelier life in PDLA. My preference would be to stay somewhere close to both PDLA and Cristianos - they meet each other! The Parque Santiago is a fab location and gets great reviews. We walked past it several times and it looked nice. I am no Tenerife expert - have only spent a week there but happy to help you out with any questions about excursions beaches restaurants etc!

We liked it there so much that we are going back for a main 2 week summer holiday on 28th July (Cannot wait!!) and are staying at The Bitacora which also gets great reviews.

Hope this helps.

Kelly :sun2
Thanks ever so much for your reply K_elly - sounds like Parque Santiago could be ideal for us. I will also have a look at the place you are staying in. I hope you have a lovely holiday.

Kim ;)
Hi we visit Tenerife at least twice a year,october half term plus easter,weather always good bit mixed this april to start then went lovely,myself and our 17yr girl went to Loro praque for the day to be very honest i dont think it is worth the money even though we had a good day girl time

My husband took our 15yr boy quad biking they had great time,shop around for trip prices are they do vary.

The praque santiargo the one with the slides in, i think child age for the slide goes upto 12 they have life guard on i would check if you could as the brouchure does'nt tell you that ,i seen it on a review and the child was 13 but was'nt allowed to use the slide.

WE love Tenerife go and enjoy get back to me if you need anymore info i will try to help you :sun2
Thanks Taffy - it's not always easy keeping teenagers amused is it! We normally holiday with another family and the youngsters get on brilliantly but we've got our timings wrong this year! Looking forward to trying Tenerife though.

Thanks again for the info.

Kim
i would stay away from the columbus unless you want a 18 to 30 hol sandiago complex are very nice
for got to say villa mandi complex on the golf course is a great complex but a walk out of resort thomson do this one
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.