General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
what's your budget where you want to go and what bored basis and will look for you for the school holidays xx and I need to know how many kids and and adults and kids ages(only). which airport, will have a look for you
Hi thanks for your answer i rung thomson and asked them, i was told that i would have to wait for the winter holidays to go on sale as the summer season finishes on the 31st but obviously most places dont operate in the winter only the canaries, tunisia, cost del sol and costa blanca.
the summer season finishes on the 31st but obviously most places dont operate in the winter only the canaries, tunisia, cost del sol and costa blanca.

AND Cyprus, Malta,the Algarve,Madeira,the Ascensions,Turkey,and many places in north Africa also are open that time of year

yasus
wizard
Hi, i just put what thomson told me lol !! i have to admit i did wonder about turkey, unfortunately i probably cant afford the further away places :(
I work in educayion and that is going to be a very late October half term. :que
Antalia,Alanya and Side will be the hotest that time of year there are qute often bargains to be had but not through the big 4

look at Fleetway travel,on the beach,A1 travel and Hayes travel, just be aware the front line prices may not include baggage or transfers but there are deals to be had

EXAMPLES EX STANSTEAD W/E 28TH OCT 7 NIGHTS

based on 2A+2c[5&9] selfcatering

Spanish mainland and Balearic's 3 star from £190 [ =£760 for a family of 4]
algarve 3 star from £345 [=£1380 " " ]
Alanya 3 star from £340 [=£1360 " " ]
Side 4 star from £360 [=£1440 " " ]

prices per person subject to baggage and transfer charges
MrsAniekwe wrote:
what bored basis

Slightly, moderately or completely? :rofl
Thanks, wizard unfortunately it would have to be the week starting saturday 26th october, i will check those companies though
sorry its the way i wrote it , i should have said dept week end of the 28th [some sat some sun and some mond dept]

:duh
wizard
I wouldn't advise Turkey that late, most places are closed by 31st october and the weather is very unreliable.
That is one of the main problems !! we went to majorca last year in october half term 20th to 27th and although most attractions were still open the hotel shut early so some people had to go to another hotel for their last night. Its alright for scotland i think theirs is 2 weeks earlier so its cheaper for them too !!
Its alright for scotland i think theirs is 2 weeks earlier so its cheaper for them too !!

But only if you don't mind the inconvenience of travelling south to fly from an English airport! Most of Scotland has the half term holiday during the first two weeks of October and the prices for departures from airports in Scotland shoot up during that period. It's the same in the first two weeks in April when most schools are off regardless of when Easter itself actually falls. Similarly, Scotttish schools are always finish for the summer at the end of June or very early in July and just see how the prces shoot up from then onwards. They drop in the middle of August because the schools up here go back then (hence why the half-term break is in early October) and families living in the north of England can potentially get good deals for the last two weeks of their school holidays as long as they are willing to make the longer drive to fly from Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Whilst I work in a University rather than a school, the courses I work on have a lot of mature students on them so we gear our timetables around trying to give them 'reading weeks' when the schools will be off so that's the time I am restricted to as well if I want a break mid-semester. I have got some good deals by being prepared to fly from Newcastle or Manchester but for families with young children the extra hassle means that it's not worth doing. And if you have to stay over at an airport hotel the night before then that wipes out any saving anyway. You'll get a very good deal if you book to fly from a Scottish airport at the end of October but probably wouldn't be worth the hassle for you to travel up from Norfolk in order to save money by flying from Galsgow or Edinburgh in the same way that it's not worth Scottish families flying an English airport at the beginning or October.

It doesn't matter where you live - the TOs always put the price up for departures from the relevant regional airports during the school holidays however they fall. Believe me, they always know when the school holidays are in every part of the country and price up their regional departures accordingly. They will always win! And those who are tied to school holidays, wherever they live, always end up paying more than those who can go during term-time

SM
I live in Norwich, from our airport we can only fly to majorca, ibiza, malta or turkey and last time i did a quote from norwich it added on £80 per person !!! so we usually end up having to got to gatwick or stansted if we are lucky. Just out of interest i just compared a couple of hotels in turkey St Nicholas park in Hisaronu from newcastle-£550 p/p from glasgow-£564 p/p ( both at the correct time for scottish half term dates ) From Gatwick-£645 (2 days before english half term starts as the season finishes before the half term !! ) Club Letoonia in Fethiye from newcastle- £575 from Glasgow-£589 and from Gatwick £650 same dates. Ive got a headache now with all those figures LOL :lol:
I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but the figures you quote seem to to suggest that the problem is flying out of Gatwick because it seems to be consistently more expensive than either Newcastle or Glasgow throughout October regardless of the respective half-term dates.

Have you thought of looking at holidays departing from some of the other regional airports to the north of Norwich rather going south to one of the London airports? Perhaps Birmingham say?

SM
Hi SM my original point was that the october half term is so late in england that we cannot book a holiday for that week as the season finishes on 31st october and we would need to go sat 26th to sat 2nd november which means that if you cant have time off during term time (i work in catering i'm not a teacher lol ) u cant go on holiday anywhere. Having looked at birmingham it is cheaper than gatwick So is glasgow !!! which confuses me completely as i was told by several travel agents a few years back that the further south you fly from the lower the flight supplements therefore the cheaper the holiday !!!!!!!!!! Not that it matters as i cant have time off during term time it doesnt look like i will be going anywhere :(
katherinelc wrote:
I live in Norwich, from our airport we can only fly to majorca, ibiza, malta or turkey

I know there are a few people on here who live in the North-East of Scotland and that's a better choice than they get from Aberdeen. Even from Central Scotland (Glasgow, Prestwick and Edinburgh are all less than an hour from me) our choice is limited.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.