Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Ola Holidays
96 Posts
hi there we have just booked with this company and i think it was a bad mistake as you say once they have your money after sales is a complete joke my last call time was 53mins and 11sec only soeaking to a person for about 5min max we booked an all inclusive to majorca andstill today 8/8/09 the advert very clearly states in the first line 1st 5 words free transfers for all passengers this was confirmed with advisor when booking but our ticket voucher says they are an option and hwe have to pay extra i have been trying to sort this for over a week getting fobbed off they do not return emails i have sent 3 every day they say they will call you back still waiting this is clearly false advertising and they are ripping people off i will never book with them again no matter how good the price
i to booked my holiday with ola £2600to egypt

i thought i was booking a package holiday everything was done on the cheep. i was booked into the sunrise triana resort a new hotel with 8 pools. the reviews on the hotel was very good at first, then things changed, so i decided to change the hotel.

i rang ola, and was 20 mins on the fone, no answer, 6 times i rang. the 7th time someone answered me, send email they said, so i did explaining what i wanted to do still no reply, so i rang again another 20mins. send email they said, so again i sent and still no reply. i rang again this time a very rude young lady said dont ring here again and dont email us we wont help you and are fed up with you ringing this number and im going to report you to the booking agant and she hung up

by then im in tears i had just come out hospital having my 3rd hipreplacement.
low and behold the phone rang and shouting at me was a woman called c******* from ola holidays. "where did you get that number from" she said, "your people" i said. "no you didnt they would never give it out to any one" "oh well i said they gave it to me" She said "dont ring them and dont email them again they are fed up with you"

"well can you help me please" so i told her i would like to change hotels. i gave her the name, "hold the line" then she said "you cant have it fully booked you can have one of these ones look at them put in email ill get back to you right away"
oh good

i picked 4 hotels out of the ones she gave me sent off email and guess what
no reply. by then im really fed up ill just put up with the hotel i booked. 3 weeks later the phone rang on a sat morning "ola holidays here we got your email its good only £30 to change booking" she said "but you cant have the rooms you wanted sold out now but i can do another on for another £1300" i told her what she could do with that and hung up

i will never use that company again never have i been treated like that and been talked to or shouted at before, they are rude and only after your money

goodbye ola
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2009-10-12 12:45:01
    Edit to punctuate so post reads easier
Ola Holidays

I contacted Ola holidays about an all inclusive holiday they were advertising on the Teletext website, which had a transfer time of 30 min from airport; the package I was sold by Ola Holidays was approximately 200km from the advertised location, and had a transfer time of approximately 2hr 30min from the Airport - after we landed at 03:00. I would never have purchased the holiday, if I was aware of the 2hr 30min transfer time.

Fortunately I called Ola Holidays 5 days before our planned date of departure seeking confirmation on the location of our hotel. After several emails, and a rather unpleasant, unproductive phone call (which had the usual 30 minutes on hold), I explained that the transfer time would be approximately 2hr 30min (each way), the Ola staff member then (rudely) informed me that it was my fault for not knowing this (even though the transfer time was advertised as 30 min), and that I should have checked the travelling times myself before purchasing the holiday (even though Ola Holidays advertised the transfer time was 30 min). I politely pointed out that I trusted the information that they provided in the advertisement, but unfortunately, somehow, I was still at fault.

Dealing with Ola Holidays has been an extremely frustrating and disappointing experience; I am astounded that somehow, this incompetent company is still operating and making any profit. The incredibly rude and amateurish attitude of the Ola employee I had the misfortune of speaking to, only highlights the fact that this company deserves the title of "Britain's Best Cowboy Company".

I advise everyone to avoid purchasing anything from Ola holidays - but if you are reading this review you probably already have (and been duped). Contact your card issuer informing them that you have been sold a product by misrepresentation, quote the Consumer Credit Act 1974, section 75, and you will be entitled to a full refund. I know that the refund won't fix the disappointing holiday you have had, but you won't feel as violated, and you won't be out of pocket.
we booked a holiday through teletext with ola holidays by making one phone call and paying for the holiday in full, we were told all further comunication would be done through customer services. After waiting 3 weeks we still had no confirmation, receipt or details sent to us. we phoned and e-mailed ola but still had no reply. It was only after e-mailing teletext with a complaint that we received an e-mail with conformation with Ola. On reading the details we found our surname had been spelt wrong. Again we rang ola and e-mailed and still no reply. Again we complained to teletex and the manager rang us and corrected the name on the documents. on further inspection we found we had no luggage booked on the easyjet flight. We had to ring easyjet and get our luggage booked in at a cost of £16 (this would have been doubled if we had done this at the airport). Ola had notified easyjet of the change of name but they failed to inform the transfers and the hotel. Transfer documents were for holiday taxis.com and after a 45min wait as they could not find our names on their list we were told it would cost £80 each way to get to the resort. It was only by chance that we found we were actually booked with resort hopper.com under the original wrong name. They were looking for two passengers who had not turned up and we found at the last minute it was us. We just caught our tranfer coach as it was about to leave. The ola holidays was a total disgrace, unprofessional and a shambles from start to finish. The holiday itself was good with a seven day all inclusive at the club mac jupiter hotel Alcudia but all the time we were wondering if we were going to be picked up to be taken back to the airport. we found out the day before we were due home the time of the pick up. We will never book with ola again it is not worth the stress it caused us.
Hi

Has anyone used this company recently to book hotel only accomodation. I have been on their website and got a really good quote for a hotel and its nearly £300 cheaper than all the other quotes from Travel Republic, Alpha rooms etc so could this be too good a deal. I'm wary as its for my daughter and boyfriend and dont want to book and leave them stranded when they get there.

Many thanks

Loretta
Hi Loretta ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic about the company, which may provide you with some useful info while you wait for further feedback.

We also have a separate topic in our Holiday Complaints forum.

David :wave
I have just booked a hotel only with them for a holiday in July and I have booked flights separately. Fingers crossed that everything will be OK with the booking. I received a confirmation email from them almost immediately following the booking.
Well - I have just returned, 30/04/10 from an Ola-booked holiday in Mallorca which was delightful, hassle free and we had none of the problems encountered in the other postings - even after the ash disruption. I think they have stopped using "resorthoppers" ? We were transfered by another co. The staff were always helpful on the phone - and i didn't have long to wait. Maybe they have listened to the complaints ?
Absolutely awful company, my only recommendation do not use them.

I booked a holiday for my mum, her partner and my daughter. Didn't get the accomodation information through, chased it and chased it.

Any query you have with this company you phone in they tell you to email, you email, you get no response. I have booked plenty of holidays including teletext cheapies but this is the worst company I have had to deal with, their customer care is non existent and their website gaurentee of an answer within a certain time period is just blatant lies. When I said to the call centre manager I wanted to make a complaint about them not being able to deal with my queries both by phone and email she said go ahead it will only come to me anyway!
I am suppose to be flying out to Menorca on Saturday 19th, however i still have not received any flight tickets. Standard response from Ola is 7 - 10 days before departure. I'm not prepared to spend 'current waiting time is 45 minutes' on hold and they don't respond to my emails.

Does anyone know what happens if I get to next Saturday and still don't have any tickets for the flight?

Thanks.
Hi everyone.

When we booked ola holidays a few months ago we got sent an email with the hotel voucher, transfer vouchers etc (flights booked seperately) are these documents all we need to go on holiday with? Going on Thursday. If you have any experience with Ola please reply...going to Majorca!!
just got back from a holiday with ola holidays will never use them again. dont want to put why yet due to a cliam going in. all i will say is dont expect to stay were you booked. and no help when you are out there.
We booked Hotel America in Majorca in July with Ola, flights with Ryanair and transfers with Resorthoppa and everything perfect - no complaints at all. Received hotel voucher from Ola immediately after booking. Also received good customer service in response to a couple of email queries and one telephone call after booking on-line.

First time we have used Ola but would do so again after this year's experience.

In previous years we have booked direct with hotel in Ibiza but this year it worked out much cheaper booking through Ola rather than direct with the hotel in Majorca.

I was worried about all the negative comments about Ola on here and other review sites after I had booked, so for anyone who has booked with Ola but not yet travelled, hopefully you will not be overly alarmed as not everyone has a bad experience.
that is the hotel we had booked but did not get took 3 days to sort out. there was also 3 other partys that had the same prob
Had some issues booking with this company. They took booking from my soon to be 18 daughter. The holiday she wanted wasn't available and I wasn't happy with the alternative offered. Unfortunately she went ahead and booked it before I could check it out. Ola wouldn't change the booking at first and that is when i discovered they could change the accommodation but not the flights as these were separate with Easyjet. Anyway long story short, after 5 phone calls (to a freephone 0800 number by the way if anyone wants this number) got holiday apartments changed to more suitable at same price though this was over £100 more than originally expected because they changed the flight times. Haven't received confirmation yet. Phoned customer services on the 10p minute line and it was really easy to get through. i pressed the no. 8 option on the telephone keypad, the one for all other queries and a pleasant customer service agent answered in less than a minute. She immediately accessed my daughter's holiday and confirmed the change and other details. She assured me that the transfer booking references would all be on the confirmation email to e received in 24 hours and I have direct line free 0800 number to ring if any problems occur. I think maybe if you dont press the right option number on the keypad it may take longer, maybe if you press the 7 option for complaints? Wouldnt tell either my daughter when she made the booking or myself when I queried it, who was the actual travel company. They said it would be on the booking confirmation details being emailed. Not happy about this nor about them splitting the credit card payment, nor taking the booking when my daughter won't be 18 for another 4 weeks. Anyway if anyone wants the direct 0800 free phone no. let me know or else try pressing the no. 8 option on your keypad for customer service to see if you get a faster response. Hopefully everything will go OK but in future would use a proper travel company like Thomsons or Thomas Cook and pay extra for peace of mind and less hassle.
can you pm me the 0800 number pls
I will never ever book holiday with Ola company, they don't care about customers, need to call again and again, no reply to calls and then you try to complain they do not listen to you...cheap..yes..but not worth to destroy your holiday, better to pay little more and have a GOOD holidays! :sun2
You can put the number on here - no problems :tup
Hi, here's the no. you asked for:

0800 0911775 and it helps if you have the name of the person who took your booking.
They may however ask you to contact customer services (the 10p a minute line)
0871 8550712. I selected the "other enquiries" option - option 8 I think it was. Maybe this helped getting a quick answer as it only took 1 minute or less to speak to an agent. I spoke to Danielle and she was very helpful.
Hope this helps. Good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.