Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Ola Holidays
96 Posts
:tup Glad you are sorted. I hope your daughter has a great holiday. Please let us know how things go
Thanks Glynis. i will indeed keep you posted. :)
am still waiting for ola to deal with a complant i put in, they have till next friday then it will be going of to abta. total crap from ola
Ola Holidays Review:

I just want to say that I've just returned from a week in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote which was booked with Ola Holidays - and it was all absolutely FINE. They were featured in Teletext Holidays and the price was very competitive. I then rang Ola Holidays and paid for my holiday which included a self catering apartment at Apartments Nazaret for 2 people, plus flights with Ryanair, and the transfer from the airport.

For some reason, I decided to check out Ola Holidays for any reviews on the internet and came across all these nightmare posts on this website - and I was seriously worried about what I'd paid out for.

Luckily, in spite of the terrible experiences that some people have obviously had with this holiday company, I had no problems with the company on any level. A confirmation email was sent within 48 hours as they had promised, and all my travel documents, including the transfer voucher were sent by post within a few days.

If you look at the amount of resorts that Ola do package holidays to - I am sure that the thousands of people who have had perfectly good dealings with the company and have a great time on their holidays do not bother to write a positive review. However, I guess that when people have negative experiences, the urge to vent their anger on such forums at this then becomes a way to let off steam.

Anyway, I am very glad that having read all the horror stories on this forum that I ended up having a lovely holiday and all my dealings with Ola Holidays were adequately efficient.
Glynnis, Just to update about my daughter's holiday. Well she and her boyfriend were obviously fated not to go on the trip. Three weeks ago, he was injured in a rugby match where he broke his foot! His leg is in a plaster cast for up to 6 weeks and he is using crutches, so we have had to cancel the holiday. Just sent off the insurance claim which hopefully will reimburse us. We received the necessary cancellation documents from Easyjet within 2 days of advising them we needed to cancel but it took 3 weeks with many emails and 3 letters to Ola before we finally got the necessary paperwork to enable us to submit the insurance claim forms. It was only with intervention from Teletext compliance dept. that we received this as Ola never responded to any of our attempts to contact them. Anyway I do agree with previous post that many people like themselves have most likely had good experiences holidaying with Ola and we only hear the negative experiences from many people posting. My daughter did I must say receive her confirmation of holiday documentation within 24 hours, all by email and easyjet confirmation came within a couple of hours of booking. I just wasn't happy that Ola weren't totally upfront and honest at the time of booking that this was in fact a dynamic package and not a true package holiday. They were asked several times about this and never gave an honest answer. Anyway that's our experience and we'll never know if the holiday would have worked out or not but I am sure it would have been OK.
Is Ola Holidays now called Travelola? Just looking on this site and some of the holiday seem a little bit too good to be true! :think
have a look at both site's same phone number. so id say yep same crap holiday company
Yes same phone number. :cry

Don't know whether to book or not now!!
if it was me id runaway runaway
OLA HOLIDAYS BEWARE!! Can be found on teletext holidays or on there own website also come under TRAVEL OLA. They are the worst company i have ever booked with please avoid them at all costs! They might be cheap but once you book your holiday the problems start! No longer can you use the free phone number you have to ring the 10p a minute number where they leave you hanging on so it costs you more and thats why the holidays are cheap because they make money from the phone calls you have to make!

Once i booked my holiday the lady was very pleasant said i would get all my confirmation via an email straight away.... well i waited 4 dayts never heard anything i rang the free number which then said i had to ring the 10p minute customer service number which i thought was strange because if the lady could send my confirmation last time throught that number that i used to book with why do i need to phone the 10p a minute number?? Anyways i did so and every time they would answer the phone ask for your booking reference ans then say ok ill be back in a minute well where were they going should they not have a computer next to each phone??? They would go off for 5 mins then come back and make some excuse up as to why they couldnt send the confirmation out, their first excuse was we are having technical issues at the moment so wont be able to send it until tomorrow morning so i said ok and next morning... nothing!! So i rang them and same thing again techinical problem?? They said i should have ti by the end of the day and nothing! Two days later i was told someone else is currently dealing with it and i should have it shortly by this time i was frustrated after 23 phone calls and 30 pound in calls and every excuse in the book to not email my comfirmation eventually i put my mother on the phone who is far more persistant than me !! told her technical problems again and then eventually when she got angry they managed to send it over!!! Well thats funny thought they had technical issues?????
ALL that effort and i had to cancel my holiday due to ill health well thats another storywhich ill tell you about on the next page!
good luck on getting your money back you will need it
Well as i was saying i had to cancel my holiday due to ill health and the fun starts all again!! Rang to say on the day i couldnt travel and they advised me to send an email to them in writing to say that i didnt travel, so i did 3 days later heard nothing so i rang them and they told me they hadnt recieved an amil so i sent another one, two days later i rang them as i hadnt heard anything and they said to me they had sent an email to the hotel and are waiting for a reply to let them know that we didnt arrive and then they would email me the cancellation form which is what i needed to claim money back from my insurance! Heard nothing rang again 2 days later and this is all on the 10p minute phone number! was told that they still hadnt heard anything from the hotel so i said well cant you ring them answer was no,she said ill get the cancellation form sent out to you by end of day today which i thought was strange how can she say that when she hasnt had a reply from the hotel yet?? Well by this time i was getting annoyed i said can you phone me tomorrow if there are any problems with this as it is costing alot of money and she said yes that will be fine! heard nothing got nothing! Rang again next day another excuse oh we have technical problems and are unable to send you it, well thats funny i said i heard that one before, she said i would get it sent to me first thing the next day well.............nothing so i rang again and the lady said oh well we havent had any of your cancellation emails so we cant send you the cancellation form....... iw as so angry asked to speak to the manager and she was very unhelpful the staff were laughing in the background didint help me at all and i still havent got my cancellation invoice through so i have emailed ABTA who they are with and put in a complaint and i hope to get it that way as i really cant deal with going through them anymore, Its cost me yet more money to just get a cancellation form and i get every excuse possible to keep me on the phone or to get me to ring back and cost me more money! AVOID THESE PEOPLE!!
if you booked it on your credit card you can claim it back throw them
Used these several times without any problems - in fact reccommended to several friends who were also happy - however this time things are already going wrong and I only booked with them on Sunday! Price was £85 more than on website - girl was not listening when I was asking questions and confirmation was sent with different dates for the flights and accommodation. Still waiting for them to call me back since this morning but have had email with correct confirmation. Still waiting to hear why price so high when I've phoned 3 times and can book the same holiday at £90 pp cheaper with them. Looks like it really is hit or miss with them. I've had several hits with them previously and now this one seems to be a miss. Hope you get everything sorted out soon and without further expense.
Hi fruitbat1968, How did you get on with reporting them to ABTA?? I reported them yesterday was wondering if you had any luck???? :wave:
on much joy with it, found out i dint book a abta covered holiday even tho its all over there web site, dint not say owt at time of booking. this company just do not give 2 :swear about us after they have got your money.

i still cant belive that how a company can keep going with such crap service
Really oh god i dont know if mines covered either then!! i just see the abta sign at the bottom of my paperwork...
Ola holidays are the worst company i have ever been with the staff are so rude and unprofessional its a disgrace they should be shut down!!
Did you mange to get a refund with your credit card company??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.