Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
So we got back to Estartit after jaunts elsewhere, the only difference is now we have a Touring Caravan so have an extended trip through France and into Estartit for around 10 nights...The first thing to say is the resort has improved fantastically!!
For our 2015 trip we camped at Camping Rochfort, just off the main roundabout and have got to say what a brilliant site, the family owners were great, the facilities were spot on and an added bonus it sold the cheapest draught San Miguel in Estartit!! Obviously it is so close to everything and the beach can be reached in a 5 minute walk, the only downside to Camping Rochfort is there is not a lot to do for young ones, however, as we were a party of Adults that did not bother us. For 2016 as we were taking our 8 year old Grand Daughter we choose Castell Montgri again, but took our caravan instead of site statics, Castell Montgri is still a smashing site with loads going on and our Grand Daughter loved it.
Out and about the town has really improved, its like the spark has been put back into it, less English Bars than in previous years (Perhaps not such a bit thing) but the usual suspects are still there, Tex Mex, Fighting Cocks, Harveys, O'Malleys, there is a new Dutch owned bar "Ambience" in place of the big Chinese Buffet which was really nice and served a really wide variety of beers and a reasonable menu. Travelling up to the beach for a day out we noticed it was considerably busier than recent years with even more pedalos and beach craft for hire, they even had a Jet Ski to rent directly from the beach (And people did) which I've never seen before. Out in the town it was bustling, Santa Susanna was really busy, whilst the wife and co went for a shopping trip I sat on the outside terrace of Hotel Coral having a nice cool beer watching the world go by, it was most certainly busier than I had seen it for many a year. All in All we really enjoyed our trips and will be most certainly returning and its brilliant to see some spark returning to Estartit :)
Stumbled in here for a wee nosy, doesn't look like much has changed in what used to a great resort. Last time I had a wee Google streetview through the place even the Itaca was closed and up for sale

Everything goes in cycles and maybe this area will come good again, maybe I'll even make it back one day but for now I do most of my holidaying in the UK or channel islands .... something so much more appealing than a week in Guernsey or Cornwall
Hi Cidermonster. Good to see you back. A few of us have returned and the new owners are working on changes to get the site up and running again. I hope you stick around!
I'll certainly stick around .... not sure how much I can input as I'm mostly UK based hols these days, or Channel Islands (but I seem to be the only person that goes there!) :D
You can be our UK expert :)
Expert might be pushing it a bit :D
On 15th May 2017 at 12:49pm, Cidermonster II said:
Expert might be pushing it a bit :D
Realising this threads is years old. It has got me all nostalgic! I used to love going to Estartit in the mid/late 90s and last went in 2002.

I've decided the family are no longer having our AI yearly jolly to Majorca but heading to Castell Montgri.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.