Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
finding some decent deals with them at mo but they are flying with Strategic?
you will need to check flights from youe chosen airport, they are using several companies
Dawnmids check my post above your one. We flew with Strategic this year from Gatwick to Rhodes and they were excellent.
Olympic are messing up folks bookings for 2013
like advising people the day after paying the balace that airline has changed or times / days are changed
People switched from Jet 2 or Thomson flights to Small Planet Airways !!!!!
Transpires this is a small Lithiunian company
Olympic are going to see bookings fall if they go on like this for 2013
I know last year Monarch were replacing some of their flights with Planet Airways as Sanji posted in the Monarch thread about it. So if Olympic are using Monarch flights it could be Monarch to blame.
I seem to remember back at the beginning of 2011 Olympic carried on making reference to Monarch flights on their website, even though Monarch hold told them to remove them. At the end of 2011 after Monarch and Olympic talks broke down, the swapped flights to different airlines, but it would seem that Olympic are using Monarch again for this summer. Maybe Olympic are again advertising flights with airlines (Jet2 and Thomsons) that they don't have?
Airlines/aircraft are always subject to change anyway.
booked a holiday with olympic paid for 15 kg each baggage allowance.
tickets emailed yesterday state i have 20 kg baggage allowance.
flight is with germania flying from manchester on the 26th sept 2013
so question is do i have 15kg or 20kg
regards tracey
Dear All

I have just booked with Olympic for next year to go to Pissouri, Cyprus. The flight times and day stated it included transfers, now when I get my receipt confirming my booking, it now says no transfers. Can this be right? I have emailed them and will call when they open.

Fingers crossed the dates and times and airline (Thompson) stays the same until i go next september as they are the only company that you can book for Pissouri.

Cheers Lou x
Hi

Another query. has anyone booked car hire direct with Olympic can you let me know if there are any hidden charges I need to know about, such as excess charges, extra insurance for windows, petrol cost before hire etc. I have been quoted £205 for a small car for 7 days but doesnt state what extras there could be.

Thanks
Have had similar problem on my last trip to Cyprus.
Christopher wrote:
Have had similar problem on my last trip to Cyprus.

What sort of problem did you have?

I have received an email stating i have transfers but its not on my invoice, so will be printing off that email as proof.
Hi, just tried to pay some money off my Olympic Holiday but they seem to have removed the option to do this. Has anyone else found this and you now have to call them up to pay off your holiday?
Going out to kefalos in kos next saturday (24th), booked with Olympic to stay at the Kontessa Apartments and flying from Cardiff with Thomson.

Been told by our independent travel agents today that the apartments are double booked and we have been offered alternate accommodation in the resort, which is totally different to what we wanted - there is no pool, no sea view and about a 15 minute walk to the main road/ restaurants/ bars. Having been to the resort 12 times now we know where most of the accommodation is and what it's like. We put some alternatives to them that we know are with Olympic but are being told there is no availability, yet some internet booking sites are saying that these places are. We're being fobbed off in a way because we've now been told that the TA has said they may not be able to resolve anything until Monday.

Reading the FB page for Kefalos this week it now appears this not the first time this has happened in the past two weeks and there are now 18 of us who are being moved from where we booked.

Does anybody know where we stand?
Sounds like the hotel has been overbooking! Just because internet sites are showing availability it doesn't mean there is.
With regards to where you stand, you need to refer to the terms and conditions you agreed to when you booked to see what they say.
I should have also said, even if an online company can get rooms from their supplier it doesn't mean that Olympic have any at this late stage.
Really daft question. We have chosen to fly with Thomson but booked via Olympic - do we go to the Thomson desk on check in? many thanks Lou
There's nowhere else you can go to check in, other than with the operating airline.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.