Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I would be interested to hear anyones experiences of flying with Strategic or Skywings via Olympic this summer as I am looking to book 2012 when they go on sale, if I can get over my nervousness about these airlines. The destination I want to go to lists both the airlines above as the ones used (Skywings about £200 cheaper)- just depending on the departure airport.

thanks in advance
We returned from Rhodes to Gatwick on Wednesday with Strategic. A pity that we had booked with Olympic to fly back to Bristol but Strategic were fine. Basic, yes but we took off on time from Diagoras and landed at LGW 30 minutes early. A smooth flight, which always helps. A pity about the child who was screaming most of the way back but earplugs were a help. Standard airline food. I have no hangups about flying with them in future.
Problem is we dont know which airlines Olympic will use next year. This years crop were brought in at short notice after the fallout with Monarch. So they could be back with Monarch next year or stick with this lot!! Skiathos-Gatwick flight with Strategic was due in last night at 9pm, arrived 10.27 this morning!! :yikes
Dont forget that Skiathos i believe still closes at night due to the short runway.
Many a times as crew were stuck there. I think the Strategic flight is quite late on in the afternoon so any kind of delay and boom - ya probably stuck for the night.
Happens to them all
Anybody know when Summer 2012 goes on sale please?
they keep saying 'in a couple of weeks'! It seems like it is going to be end of May and it will be Greece that goes on sale first.
noticed the holidays are on their website today but not much choice so presume may be still loading them? Notice cyprus holidays only appears to have skywings as the plane!
they keep moving the date they are going to release the bulk of them, I know Rhodes is up there and maybe Crete? But the others are 'coming soon'
think its just cyprus on there by the looks of it and don't think they have loaded all of them yet, may be wrong!
Hi
has anyone booked car hire with their olympic holiday? I am wanting to go to Cyprus (once the prices are up) Did you have to pay an extras once you got to the desk such as excess waiver etc? and also where are the car hire desks or should i see the olympic rep first?

lots of questions thanks.

i have notice some of Cyprus hols are on the olympic website but not many.
Hi
Just booked my next years holiday to Cyprus. When checking the price per person on the dates i want before i booked, it stated £560 pp. When I went to book up the price had shot up to £670 in the space of a few seconds! I have emailed them as trying to call them was a nightmare! I did ask to be put through to the correct department but they just stuck me in the loop again.

So i will wait for their answer but if anyone else can shed light on the rise of price of £110 pp in the space of mins i will be glad to hear.

I have used Olympic for my last hols to cyprus with no problems - thats why i went back to them.

thanks
So i will wait for their answer but if anyone else can shed light on the rise of price of £110 pp in the space of mins i will be glad to hear.

Perhaps they've just ditched Skywings and gone back to a proper airline for next summer?! Kind of joking, kind of serious, who are they quoting as the airline for your holiday?
Hi there
The airline (the only) airline choice is Strategic. Usually you get a choice of times, airlines etc but there was one set of times only - luckily it had good flying times!
x
I have booked my hols to Cyprus next year. The only flights available are good times but with Strategic Airlines, I have read more bad reviews than good. I am hoping people who will be flying Strategic via Olympic this year can report back? Also did you check in at Gatwick with Strategic desk or Olympic.

fingers crossed all ok
Hi

You may get a better response re flights in our Flights forum.

luci :wave
We booked holiday (flight & hotel) to Santorini from Gatwick with Olympic Holidays. Our Tor Air flight was scheduled to fly at 16.05 on 13 September. We were delayed at Gatwick airport until 10.20am on 14th. No overnight accommodation was provided, no one to speak to from Tor Air or Olympic Holidays. We were drip fed scant information hour by hour by Gatwick staff who had to cope with very disgruntled people. Apparently the delay was due to a "technical fault' with the plane. Customer care from Olympic Holidays non existent - will never book a holiday with them again as whole point of using a tour operator is to be looked after by them when problems arise.

Hotel in Santorini was fine - once we got there!
just returned from cyprus travelled with strategic airlines what a heap of :swear it was, the plane smelt as though it had been shut up for months overhead lockers missing some taped up as didn't shut! black tape around our arm rests no tv or music pilots messing about at back of plane with perfumes and laptops seats broken 7/8 olympic holiday brochures underneath seats to support it more!! trays and back of seats filthy with splash marks never again would i travel with this airline to top it all we had to come back on the SAME plane :(
I too was caught in the Tor Air fiasco to Santorini. I wrote to Olympic Hols asking for some sort of compensation as I thought they should take some responsibility, being the ones who contracted Tor Air to carry their guests. Their reply was a definite NO, but they advised me that I could claim on my travel insurance for the delay. If Olympic think that £20 is enough recompense for 18 hours on the benches at Gatwick and one day lost of my holiday, they are very much mistaken.

So I was not looking forward to my october trip to Cyprus on Strategic Airlines, concerned it was similar to Tor Air. Which it is rather, though I was a lot luckier this time. The flights both ways went pretty nearly on time and were uneventful apart from the odd locker door falling off. The seats look large and comfy but they are so old and worn out that they are very uncomfortable. I have plenty of padding but had a tender bum by landing. My plane out clearly said in the old paintwork "Solomon", and I did wonder if it was King Solomon it was referring to! :rofl

I did hear a rumour that Olympic will not be using these airlines next season. I hope it's true. If not I believe it could sink their entire business.
Olympic Holidays signs airline deal

Olympic Holidays has signed a deal with Aegean Airlines to provide flights on key routes this summer.

The first routes announced are Birmingham to Cyprus, Humberside to Crete, Belfast to Cyprus, Belfast to Rhodes and more routes are planned.

"This additional capacity is good news for agents and travellers in the regions, as these islands are our top selling destinations and there is pent-up local demand," says Lynne Brocklesby, Olympic Holidays agency sales manager.

The first Aegean Airlines departure for Olympic Holidays is on 4 May.

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.