Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Oman
5 Posts
Hi

Having lived in Dubai for a few years, I visited Oman several times for business and pleasure. It is wonderful, it really is a beautiful country. Where have you tentatively booked - Muscat? Have you been to the Middle East before?

Paul
Hi Paul

I have been to the Middle East before but not Oman. We have booked a tour that starts in Muscat where we spend the first 2 nights then fly to Salalah for 2 nights, then Nizwa for 1 night then back to Muscat for a few nights, from where we may do some independent trips. Not a very long holiday but it's the only time we could both fit the trip in.
I'm looking forward to going, I've been reading the guide books and it sounds as though I will really like Oman.

Judith
Sounds absolutely brilliant, you have it all covered with the trip to Salalah. The people are really nice, that's the difference between neighbouring UAE and Oman, oh and sand is replaced with breathtaking mountain scenery. Muscat is beautiful. Shan-gri-lah is one of my favourites. It can appear to be expensive in Oman, compared to elsewhere outside of the ME. If you have your tour booked, do you have your accommodation all arranged as well? Also, how are you travelling around Oman, because it's a long way from Muscat to Salalah?
We are flying from Muscat to Salahah, much of the travelling will be in 4WD vehicles and all the accomodation is booked. We will just need to buy our meals, something I'm also looking forward to, trying something different. Unfortunately we aren't staying at the Shangri-la, our hotels are probably a bit more down market, though I have stayed in Shangri-las in the Far East and they are pretty impressive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.