Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
That is pretty bad. At one point a few years back they were doing this all the time but I think they either upped their game or paid a company to eradicate all the bad press on the internet with all the bad reviews on this practice, as overnight they seemed to have sorted it out. I have not had this done to me, but i do know two other people that have booked then had a call increasing the price of the flight. One person was actually told that the flight was no longer there, which could only mean they took his money and booked the flight full well knowing it was full - simply a ploy to take the money.
  • Edited by MCole 2016-05-22 15:30:41
You don't book anything on their website. You only make an offer to purchase should the element/s be available, and at that price. Once they receive your offer they go to their suppliers to book. That is when it would come back as unavailable, or at a different price. It's clearly explained in the terms and conditions you read before you agree to. Nothing unusual with OTAs that don't take live bookings or have live prices. Same goes for companies like Travel Republic, Alpha Rooms, Holiday Gems etc.
I can confirm that OTB under took a campaign about 2-3 years ago to eradicate all the bad reviews etc about them from the first few pages of Google. Try it, you wont see anything bad when you search 'On the Beach'. We (HT) saw these affects of this as our page disappeared from the search results.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.