Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
one way flights
7 Posts
I think you can get an open return with some airlines, main thing which is very important is if you go out on a charter flight you must return on one.
silentman wrote:
I think you can get an open return with some airlines, main thing which is very important is if you go out on a charter flight you must return on one.

You can arrive on a charter and leave on a scheduled, but not visa versa.
Sunaddict wrote:
silentman wrote:

You can arrive on a charter and leave on a scheduled, but not visa versa.

I beg to differ on this I know someone personally who came out 4 weeks ago on a Thompsons charter flight and due to illness needed to return home quickly, he was under the care of a Goan businessman who arranged a return flight with Qatar Airways, he took him to the airport in a wheelchair and he was turned away by immigration who showed no compassion, the man was very distressed and had to remain in Goa until a return with Thompsons could be arranged

It may be possible to get away with this at Mumbai where immigration do not deal with charter flights but Dabolim is very different they are aware of the regulations regarding charter flights which are very strict
Strange. Only going off what I've been told. Also read the same thing on TA, posted by someone that lives in Goa.
sunaddict

what I have stated is fact, not what I have been told or read somewhere it happened whilst I was in Goa during early January to someone I have personally known for a number of years so what is "strange" about that?

It may be that other people have done what you say but I can assure you and anyone reading this that what I have posted is a true statement
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.