DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hi

I know a few people who have booked with OTB and there have been mistakes made - wrong room types, incorrect dates (booked 10 nights flight with 7 nights accommodation) etc..

I confirmed accommodation at Sofitel Pavillion Winter Palace hotel in Luxor, Egypt on 17 Sept at a cost of 88.05 GBP pp with Travel Republic on Monday. I just checked the same dates with OTB and they are more expensive. Travel Republic and Sunshine.co.uk tend to be the cheapest for accommodation only I've found - and again, they only take a deposit.

You can try Travel Supermarket and it will do a price comparison of a number of different operators.

Travel Republic's accommodation is reserved through Hotels4U.com but if you try to reserve with them, you will pay the full price rather than just a deposit ;)
Sorry, I also meant to add - I know that Travel Republic don't have the best reputation either, but we have used them a couple of times in the last 2 years and have had no problems or cause to complain.
thanks cyprus100 I think I'll look else where then OTB. will let you know how I get on.

eek i noticed how many mistakes in spelling ive made on the 1st post :whoops
Hi Danny, how you doing? :wave:

I've never used on the Beach as I've been put off by all the negative feeedback. I would like to recommend Travel Republic to you though as I've used them on many occasions and had bargain prices and excellent service from them.

Good Luck with your search- Where you off to?
  • Edited by Danny 2010-05-06 05:47:04
Glad you've booked, you can now start counting down the days. Nice to speak to you again,
take care, Shirley :)
When and where are you going now young man. :rofl
We used onthebeach last year for two holidays and we had no problems at all everything went like clockwork and we saved £400 on thomas cook prices for the same holiday even though we were on the same flight and same hotels. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.